All Discussions Tagged 'acceptance' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia awareness video

Alopecia video

Started by Fuzzless

1 Sep 10, 2019
Reply by Cocopuffz17

Really struggling with androgenetic alopecia/female-pattern baldness. Here's my story; please help :(

I'm crying as I write this. I'm 24 and I'm losing my hair. And I'm sorry for the long post. Although doctors have told me that it's a waste…

Started by Badger

3 Sep 3, 2019
Reply by Georges

Ottawa support groups/ research projects

Hi! I live in Ottawa, Ontario and have had alopecia areata for the past ten years, give or take. I am 29 years old. It has never really bot…

Started by jade mcinnis

22 Mar 7, 2018
Reply by Need Info

5 years with alopecia, looking back on my first post here

Hey everyone,  I just looked back on my first post here and guess what it said:  "Really struggling tonight, looking back at me before I l…

Started by Keshia

8 Aug 14, 2017
Reply by Keshia

How can I come out of the closet?

I been suffering from alopecia for years and bad as I want to pull my wig off and let my children see what my head really looks like withou…

Started by helen30

6 Sep 9, 2015
Reply by Cindie

Anyone from the UP of Michigan

I have been struggling with alopecia for 15 years, the last 6 of which have been total hair loss (universalis).  I am feeling very isolated…

Started by Liisa

0 Apr 19, 2015

I am not my hair - I am the soul that lives within

I posted this on Facebook the other day and was encouraged to post it here, as well. It's basically my alopecia "coming out" post. Most of…

Started by Suzanne

2 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by Suzanne

Insensitive folks

Hello everyone. I was recently (about a year ago) was diagnosed with alopecia. I've been coping well by wearing wigs (I was told that event…

Started by J Loren

1 Jun 29, 2014
Reply by Matt

Be Bold and Be Bald. Why give away your power?

Hi All, Though I suspect this topic may draw some negative comments, I've read too many posts on this site where people are worried about…

Started by Evan

47 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Cindie

Being transformed by the renewal of your mind

I have been thinking a lot about perspective lately. Mainly the fact that situations don’t necessarily change, but perhaps just our perspec…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

15 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Ivan

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service