All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Donating Hair - Specifically to benefit those with Alopecia?

Hi everybody, I know a young girl who is considering donating here long beautiful hair to have it made into a wig for those who suffer from…

Started by Orbit

3 Dec 13, 2008
Reply by Alyssa and mom Lori

Rebecca Hibbs: Speech contest finalist

Alopecia World member Rebecca Hibbs talks about alopecia during her finalist presentation for the 3rd Annual COM 1100 Speech Contest at Bel…

Started by Alopecia World

0 Dec 3, 2008

Bald is beautiful...on men?

"Instead of raising false hopes, or hair, celebrating a loss has an asset." Richard Roth files the following CBS News video report. After…

Started by rj, Co-founder

6 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by manny

New Member Needing to Hear a Happy Story

Hi, I'm a new member here and desperately need to hear a "happy ending" story. I am the mother of a 4 year old who was recently diagnosed w…

Started by Kayreyn

7 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Toni

New legislation for autoimmune diseases applauded

Representative Patrick Kennedy (RI) introduced H.R. 7078, known as the Prevention, Awareness, and Research of Autoimmune Diseases Act of 20…

3 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by kastababy

Speech on Alopecia in schools.

Hi Everyone, I am doing a speech at a little girls school in christchurch to help her peers understand what Alopecia is all about. I have…

Started by Fitzy

9 Oct 13, 2008
Reply by Gill

Teens and Alopecia on the BBC

Here's a video from the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp.) about teens and alopecia: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7630739.stm

Started by Timothy H. Warneka

2 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by Timothy H. Warneka

Oregonian article about AW member LeslieAnn Butler

The new spokesperson on alopecia areata credits humor for lightening her attitude Losing all her hair leads to a book and a national role…

1 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Georgie

dairy products are not good for hair!?!

well... im in colorado right now and i get to go home soon. but my mom was talking to someone about alopecia. people probably saw my bald s…

Started by VanessaVandalism

18 Jul 13, 2008
Reply by VanessaVandalism

o.o im new

ι donт ĸnow anyтнιng aвoυт тнιѕ ѕιтe o.o and yeaн. ι donт ĸnow ιғ ι waѕ ѕυppoѕed тo poѕт тнιѕ вυlleтιn -.- ι нave aloтa вald ѕpoтѕ, вυт тн…

Started by VanessaVandalism

3 Jul 5, 2008
Reply by Nick

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service