All Discussions Tagged 'bald' (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

7 things never to say to a bald woman

This week I read an article on DiversityInc.com titled "7 Things Never to Say to LGBT Coworkers." It got me to thinking: What might be 7 t…

Started by rj, Co-founder

28 Mar 22, 2022
Reply by Anne Williams

Competitive swimming

I got alopecia areata when I was six, before that I had the thickest hair, like you could only loop the pony tail band twice. But after tha…

Started by Swimmer

2 Oct 24, 2020
Reply by Leo

Alopecia, bald patches

Hello my name is Izabela im 23 years old and Iv realised couple bald patches on my scalp about 2 months ago .. when I realised one of my pa…

Started by Izabela

0 Aug 17, 2017

Shaving head - are thinning spots obvious?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site - it's so comforting to see women who are going through similar issues as me. A bit about me: 29, female,…

Started by lola_attaque

2 May 18, 2017
Reply by Donypi

Alopecia barbae HELPPPPP

Hello , since January I had a small patch on the left side of my face just under my chin. Ever since I noticed it I had blonde thin regrowt…

Started by Galakyle

1 Apr 29, 2017
Reply by Patches

Alopecia remission

Im curious as to if anyone else here as experienced remission of their alopecia and for how long. I was recently contacted on facebook from…

Started by Bald and Fabulous AKA Terri

13 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Patchylatchy

When to tell a love interest that you have alopecia

When should you tell a person that you're dating, married to, or interested in that you have alopecia? Or, to pose the question quite diffe…

Started by Alopecia World

83 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by rj, Co-founder

Insurance denial

I was diagnosed with Alopecia in January and twice now my insurance has denied me to see a dermatologist. They keep saying the Alopecia is…

Started by Nicole Kordie

47 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Supportive Mom

NYT article

I thought folks might be interested in this article.... http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/fashion/alopecia-four-women-bond-over-the-beauty-

Started by Mel

0 Jul 29, 2015

Has anyone on here tried the ruxolitinib medication also a JAK inhibitor?

They have began trials in 2013 of August and are ending the trials this year in 2015 of August. Just wondering cause I keep reading on here…

Started by blondfrog

0 May 19, 2015

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service