Hi all,
I'm considering getting a Freedom (vacuum/suction) wig. I hear they're great, but that they can be hot. We've been having a lot of hot/humid weather here in Oakville, and I'm already finding my regular wigs to be extremely hot, and my head sweats a lot. How are those of you with suction/vacumm wigs holding up?
Frankly, I can't remember what it felt like to have real hair during these hot summers, but I don't think it was this bad!
Thanks,
Ali

Views: 7895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ali,

Have you tried headliners? Go to www.headlineitstore.com I have had clients tell me this is a very good product.

Carmen West hairdresser
I want to tell you ladies that wear vaccum pieces that you can get botox done to the scalp to not have any sweating or decreased sweating. However, if you stop the sweating in the scalp you will compensate by sweating more elsewhere. The botox in the scalp can cost anywhere from $900 to $1500 and it lasts about 6-8 months. I have not done this myself, but I am in medicine and regularly perform botox for sweaty underarms and such. I'm researching a vaccum piece for myself and if I decide to go that route will definitly be doing a little scalp botox.
Hi Ali,
I have worn vacum wigs for the past 25yrs and I don't know if they are hot or not because I carn,t remember what it was like without one, all I can say is they are the next best thing to your own hair. My daughter is fourteen and also has alopecia and has jsut started wearing her first vacum wig by freedom. Shes sporty and an active teen and so far she has never said that they make her hot, I say go for it I think they are fantastic.
Freedom wigs are DEFINITELY hotter than regular wigs. I have been wearing tape on lace wigs for years. I thought they were hot. I just got a Freedom wig. I can't picture wearing it during the summer here in Philly...not even to a PHILLIES game!
Hi Ali,

You are right about the vacuum Hair Piece they are hot. I am a hairdresser and have been cutting and styling vacuum pieces for around 20 years. Recently have been cutting and styling the Gripper for clients. This is what I am hearing from them, first lady has only been without hair for 2 years. When we cut and styled her Gripper, she said it looked like her hair before she lost it. The second lady said that she liked the Gripper so well that she was not going to order another vacuum piece. You may want to check out the Gripper before you make your final decision . The Gripper does have a lace front so you can wear your hair off of your face, they come in custom size so it fits your head.
Hope this helps,
Carmen West Hairdresser
I have a vacuum wig--and I live in Georgia, which is kind of the armpit of the South, in terms of humidity. And it can be pretty unpleasant...especially when I am sweating so much it loses its suction because of the moisture and starts to move around on my scalp...For the most part the people here go from air conditioned house to car to work, etc, and so do I, and it isn't too terrible. I can duck in a bathroom and wipe off my head and feel much more comfortable. But I've been going to a gym and it is gross working out in such a heavy-duty wig...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service