Hi Everyone!

In the last few months, I've researched Alopecia and treatments...
I was currently looking through a pamphlet at the Chiropractor's Office that discussed Acupuncture and a mixture of Internal Herbal remedies that have been taken and performed on Alopecia Patients. Although, the results are minimal has anyone ever seeked Homeopathy as a form of treatment rather then the Cortisone Injections... I just thought it was rather interesting, any thoughts???

Views: 3576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.. What a beautiful testimony! Please could you also dm the information also, I currently suffering from alopecia universalising would like to try a natural herbal treatment.

Thank you
we all would like to Know!
best of luck to all alopecians

What information are you looking for? Happy to help if I can.

I did not get the DM with your email address. I will dig up the prescriptions from the chinese herbalist from my local area as well as from Beijing doctor. The Beijing doctor also prescribed some herbal alcohol smelling rub, along with some steroid ointment. I will take photos over weekend and post them here if I can.

I also would like to know your care, and how to get hold of the products.
I'm Italian sorry for my English.

I have scarring alopecia. I too would like to know the products/ingredients from the Chinese herbalist and doctor. I have been getting acupuncture for about a month - he is hoping that he can stop the progression. What hair I've lost up to now is permanent because my hair follicles are being destroyed & scarred over.

We've tried acupuncture for alopecia with daughter once but it drove her bonkers out of fear so we stopped. My parents and other friends have seen positive results for other issues but I dont know anyone who tried it for alopecia personally.  

The products/ingredients are written in chinese unfortunately. I believe it's personalized for each patient as far as amount of each ingredient or even presence of each. I did upload the chinese ingredient list to my album for one of many herbal mixes that we've been prescribed over past two years that you may be able to print out and take to a chinese herbalist. I do recommend that you bring a friend who can help communicate and translate for you to the Traditional Chinese Herbalist if you cannot communicate.

We still visit the TCM doctor once every month for a monthly batch to ensure theres no regression. We've skipped a few months in the past few years and noticed some slow hair loss on one eyebrow and both sides of her front bangs. However, once we restart the brew, it slowly grows back again after 2-3 weeks. If anyone is in San Francisco, California area, I am open to meet for a cup of coffee to chat further. Otherwise, we can keep talking here.

What a wonderful outcome for your daughter. I would love the information on who your contact is in Bejing along with the herbs your daughter took.. I have tried just about everything and still believe something will work.. I'll send you a DM with my email address, any information will be greatly appreciated!

Kindly do send me the details of the doctor website and email. If possible the drug regimen. Because my 9 year old daughter already had alopecia universal is. Tried a lot of treatment. Please do kindly help us. My mail I'd is svsureshsusee@gmail.com

Hello ejeffw,

I'm very interested in having my 4 yr old son who has AU treated with TCM.  May I ask which hospital you went to in China?  I'm pretty desperate to help my son and I believe in eastern medicine and am willing to go anywhere to get treatment for him.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I posted as many prescriptions I could find (all the Beijing doctor ones), and one of the San Francisco TCM doctor ones. Look at the album/photos i have uploaded along with the comments. The formula has changed slightly after each checkup.  We've stopped giving the brew to daughter for months at a time twice now, and restarted only when her hair starts to thin in the front or back. Fortunately, the hairloss is a lot slower whenever it starts, and we can tell as it seems to always start from the sides of her forehead. That's our signal to visit the SF doctor again..and after a few weeks, we see it regrow.  

We are not sure what the triggers are ...it's either stress, shellfish, or sea/pool water... or all of them. But so far on multiple occasions the herbal remedies have slowed and resolved the loss. I do believe every individual has their own triggers or body imbalance so I wouldn't follow these same recipes/prescriptions. automatically. I thought by sharing here, folks can at least understand the process better and compare notes. I'm happy to provide more info via DM as necessary. If anyone visiting Bay Area, DM me and we can coordinate a time to visit the doctors together as we visit every 2-4 weeks to get a new batch of herbs for brewing.  However, it's important to note that they won't give huge supplies of the same prescription because your body's reaction/improvement needs to be re-evaluated every few weeks and the recipes changes.  Thus, it may make more sense to approach your own local TCM doctors.  

Other FAQ:

- Did we try acupuncture?  Yes, but daughter freaked out after seeing one needle in her stomach..so that was the end of that.

- Did we use the seven star needle to tap affected area and promote circulation? Yes..we did do that simultaneously early on when we first started going on the herbal brew...and rubbed ginger slices . That was what we did when daughter ate breakfast, along with TCM stuff. We stopped after 90% of hair grew back.

- What kind of herbs are we talking about? Looks like dried plant roots, fungi, flowers, sticks, fruits/dates, ...nothing illegal or artificial from what i could tell. I think i did see one dried caterpillar once haha...

Where did you post the prescriptions your daughter was taking?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service