I lost my hair when I was 5, I always said "when my hair grows back I'm gonna ride all the big rides and rollercoasters at a theme park".

Well I'm 38 now and my hair hasn't come back. So I got sick tired of not riding the rides I want to because my wig would come off. Why should I worry about strangers and their prying eyes think? I won't see them again. So last week I went to Alton Towers (large UK theme park), I left my wig at home and I rode all those rides and rollercoasters and I got pictures. I had a FANTASTIC time and I'm going back soon to ride their new 14 loop rollercoaster. Over the years I built in my head how scary this would be but it wasn't as bad as I thought, apart from this time the only people who seen me without a wig was family, doctors and my hubby.

http://m1272.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/lafoomoodle/image_zps...Enjoy yourself folks life is too short.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is fantastic! So glad you did it and had fun!

That's wonderful! I had the same problem when I went on a holiday to the Gold Coast this year. I didn't go on a lot of the rides because I was scared my wig would fall off. The rollercoasters I did have the guts to go on, I tied a head band over my head really tight (to the point of giving myself a headache) in order to keep my hair on. And when staff would tell me to take it off, it was annoying and embarrassing to explain that my 'hair would fall off' if I didn't keep this head band on while I assured them it wasn't going to fly off and kill everyone. I should have just taken it off like you! Bravo to your courage!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service