AA for 3-4 years, Partial AU for 1-2 years. I have 100% regrowth on my scalp(not 100% pigment yet), rest of my body regrowth is coming along.

Lets start with this, a photo before I even knew what Alopecia was.

Before AA

So mid year 2015 I noticed some patches of hair missing on my scalp.I just blamed my hardhat for it and never thought much of it. They progressively got worse until I had to shave my head in April, 2016.

April 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dSN76TvZg&feature=youtu.be

I went to a Dermatologist got a bunch of topical creams and told it was fine and was from stress. Essentially they don't know why it happens and have no reasoning, so they blame it on that. After that I did some digging and went on a PALEO diet for 12-14 months(zero alcohol consumption). A solid 10 months at 100% compliance.

October 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqUXBEIHNTE&feature=youtu.be

I also spent 4-5 sessions with a Naturopath, I added L-glutamine and probiotics to my diet. I had 80% regrowth of the hair I lost on my scalp. But the other 20% would not grow any hair and remained bald, so I still shaved my scalp.

December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWeI1dzl0E&feature=youtu.be

I never had AU at this time. I got discouraged and just went off the diet all together and resumed consuming alcohol. About 12-15 months later and no regrowth, numerous blood tests, trips to the dermatologist, and now more hair lost on my scalp I also lost all the hair on my arms/legs/majority chest/partially in my armpits.

January 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkZ98-rx1Y&feature=youtu.be

I spent alot of time learning about Leaky Gut. So in this day and age an ad popped up on my Facebook for a leaky gut video. I watched the 90 minute video. After that I bought the E-book(The Plant Paradox - Dr.Gundry) for $11 and read the 300-400 page book in a 3 days. I decided why not, the logic behind the science in the book made sense. It explained why i had 80% regrowth on my paleo diet, but not the 100% I so dearly wanted.

Day 1 Plant Paradox

Day 1 Plant Paradox

Day 1 Plant Paradox

Day 1 Plant Paradox

So i started the diet, 5 days in, I had regrowth on my scalp in the original spot that I lost hair and has had ZERO regrowth since that initial falling out phase, until now! About 14 days in I noticed my scalp is fully complete with hair, although not all the pigment is there. It will come in time as I learned on my first diet. My arms, legs,armpits, chest have started to have hair return to them. All white/peach fuzz in color. As of writing this I am on day 38! I have followed the diet 99%. I sometimes get a craving for honey. Which isnt allowed in the phase I am in. These are the most recent pictures. I wont post the ones of my arms/legs/armpits/chest.. because the peach fuzz is extremely hard to see in a picture and the light angle has to be good. BUT THEY ARE THERE AND GROWING, which I haven't had a single strand of hair grow on before this diet after they originally fell out.

Day 38 Plant Paradox

Day 38 Plant Paradox

Views: 12753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that is impressive. Thanks for posting and please post updates.

I want to give this a try. Besides buying the book and reading it, any tips or advice you can offer? 

I believe there is a short version of the book. I never looked for it. I read the original. It was very indepth and gave me alot of insight on gut health. I followed the recipes in the book for the first 10 days or so and then changed to my own version with the acceptable list of food. The advice I would give is. Eliminate all sugars,all lectins(mainly come from grains/fruits), dairy is gone....the list is very long. You can PM me with any further info you would like, thanks! 

Hi Cocopuffz,

Thanks for sharing your experience/insights, and congratulations on your success! I sent you a friend request since I have some questions I'd like to PM you.

Hey! Absolutely!!! 

yep 

this diet gave me amenorrhea and started my hair loss!

Wow that's awesome!!! Happy for you!!! Wish it would that simple for me. Been AU for over 30+ years with absolute no hair growth anywhere on my body for the past couple years. Sucks but I'm not giving up and gonna look for this Dr.Gundry book. I've heard elsewhere about this book and the success stories behind it. Good luck to you on your hair growth journey!!!

Thanks!!! I know the issue is in gut health. The diet I was on 1-2 years before I had success just not regrowth in stubborn spots. Now I am having hair pop up everywhere were they werent! I hope you all the best. I will keep progress reports on here as I go through my journey. :)

Hi,

I read your post and got the book. It's so different from everything I have read before. 

Are you following the book regarding the storage containers, cleaners, deodorant ? Also, did you lose weight? I want to try this diet but I don't want to lose any weight.

Thank you

Yes, the book challenges sooooo much we are taught and know about food in today’s society. I follow everything minus the deordorant. Yes, I went from 192 lbs to 170 lbs. I was abit overweight and this is back to my normal weight I have been. Best of luck! 

Thank you!

So its time for an update!!! I can't stress this enough. I have not taken any drugs for these results. ONLY changes to my diet and supplementation of vitamins/minerals. More original pictures are in this topics main post.

Day 1 Plant Paradox

Day 77 Plant Paradox 

Day 1 Plant Paradox Left Leg

Day 86 Plant Paradox Left Leg

Day 1 Plant Paradox Right Leg

Day 86 Plant Paradox Right Leg

The current leg pictures are hard to tell but there is clearly long black hairs in spots that were not and have not have had any hair since I had the onset of partial AU a year or so ago. TONS of white hairs are on my legs and slowly gaining pigment each day. This is under 3 months. I am extremely happy with these results. They will continue to come as I stay on the diet.( i have been about 99% compliant, a few unapproved meals here and there, no ones perfect. It's all about getting back at it when you know you made a mistake) Ask yourself.....when was the last time you had any hair grow? I know the feeling I struggled immensely with this for the first few years of this autoimmune disease. I believe so strongly in that the issue lies in gut health. I buzzed my head now, think of that... when was that last time you cut your hair? I will continue to post updates for all as I continue this journey!!! 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service