I have tried Xeljanz and was a non responder even at higher doses. My doctor has suggested I try Ruxolitinib if he can get it approved by insurance. Has anyone tried it and had success?

Thanks

Mark

Views: 721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in a clinical trial with ruxolitinib, and I have had over 50% regrowth! 

Hey Mark - You know my story - NO response whateoever to Xeljanz, and now 100% response on ruxo after 9 months.

Anna

I am trying to get insurance to cover it, so far no luck.

Mark

Keep updated !!

Good luck - keep appealing!

Hi Anna how long and what strengths did you try xeljanz.Im not a responder either have been on 20 mg for for 8 months and various other strengths for a couple years.Getting my best results on 20 thanks to Beacon but not enough to get rid of the wig and actually I feel like my eyebrows have thinned a bit.Im ready to try the barcitinib which I’m lead to believe is similar to ruxo.Im giving it  another month or two and will have to make the decision.

Hi there - I went up to as high as 60 mg Xeljanz for  a couple of months - in total I was on Xeljanz for 11 months, mostly at 50 mg (25 mg twice a day). I did not repsond at all - and when I say not at all, I mean not at all. Not one vellus hair.

And I have responded to ruxolitinib - I have been on it since May, and have almost complete regrowth - just still missing body hair which I can live without :).

I am, however, 20 pounds heavier on ruxo, which is really tough.

Thank you Anna I have another question did you go immediately from xeljanz to ruxolitnib?And did you taper down from the xeljanz?

No - in between Xeljana and ruxo I tried Dupixent. I did not taper when stopping Xeljanz. My opinion (based only on my experience and discussion with other patients - I am not a doctor!) is that there would be no need to "take a break" between Xeljanz and ruxo. I would go straight from one to the other.

Thank you Again Anna

hello anna i'm on xeljanz for 2 years i don't have a complete regrowth to try dupixent because i have an appointment with my dermatologist to try dupixent. have you had any results? how long have you been on dupixent

Salut Kevin - Dupixent n'a pas marche pour moi du tout. Je l'ai pris pendant 4 mois... rien.. La seule chose qui a produit des resultats pour moi c'est ruxolitinib - je le prends depuis 10 mois et j'ai repousse 100% de mes cheveux. Je n'ai eu aucun resultat avec Xeljanz non plus et je l'ai pris pendant 10 mois a 60 mg par jour. Je te conseillerai d'essayer ruxolitinib.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service