Hello all, this is my first post here on this site and I am so glad I found this forum I have been dealing with bad wigs for the last year or so and am tired of all the money spent on wigs ruining any chance I have of growing back what little hair I have left. My hair loss is diffuse all over and I am to the point where I can no longer get away without a wig. No one knows the cause of my hair loss but it all got drastically worse when I had someone talk me into microlink extensions which ripped out almost half my hair then once I couldnt afford them and my hair was too thin to cover the links. Then I was talked into weaves which were so painful I finally gave in and saved up the money for a custom wig which is way better but I still find that my hair is being ripped out. She at first did even tension beehive braiding with a pole thing and now we attach it
using point bonds but I still feel that my hair is being thinned out to the point where I will have to shave it. I don't want to have a wig I have to take off and I want something that I can swim in. I just don't want to ruin any chances of my hair growing back. I feel like the follea sport gripper would be my best bet but I just spent almost two grand on a half wig and won't be able to get another one for quit some time so any suggestions for now?

Views: 7660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to wear Follea but alas I don't think I would be abel to afford one for quite a while. I even looked into being a rep because I want one so bad but it costs over a thousand just to start up :( Maybe one day. 

Hi,

I am not using a wig yet but I recently went for a consultation about getting extensions and I was wondering if my hair could take the stress. I am also looking for a wig that fits because most wigs seem to be to big for my head. They fit but they wrinkle up  inside in the back where the extra material gathers. I am also interested in finding something I can swim in if possible and doesn't hurt or pull.

Sorry, I know I'm not answering any of your questions but I am looking for similar information.

xoxkat -- you need petite size wigs

Have you tried a human hair lace front wig yet? You can glue it around the  edges or just have it cut to fit and wear it without glue thats what i do so i can take it off easy every night and for when going to the dermatologist. You wont be able to wear it in the water but use could always wear a swim cap which will protect ur natural hair as well from the chemicals. 

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to wigs but have tried lace front just recently. All the different types of wigs and how to wear them is so overweelming I'm havering such a hard time. I just saw a youtube video on how to thin a wig but I was wondering where can I buy a wig where I can choose the hair density, I don't want to buy a $300 wig and mess it up. I know $300 is on the low end but for now that's what I can afford. I'm also having trouble finding a dark hair wig made for a caucasian person, the lace is always dark.

How do you cut a lace wig?

I sent you a friend request, have some advice I don't wish to post publicly.

How are you? I am Lucy, the sales manager of QD Woman Wig Co. Ltd. We are the large manufacturer of human hair products(lace wigs, hair wefts, hair extensions,lace frontals etc) in Qingdao,
China.We can supply you the top quality hair products with competitive price.
If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.
email:womanwig@yahoo.com
web: www.womanwig.com

how about trying a pre-tied that will cover your head its s oft and light

http://www.myheadcoverings.com/head-coverings/pc/Pre-tied-Bandanas-...

I think you should go for human hair lace wigs or some other hair wigs that are not much costly.

You could try a lace wig with a thin skin perimeter. The thin skin will grip without the need for glue. You can even have one with a little lace in front of the thin skin to give a better hairline. I have been swimming in mine without glue and iy stayed on without ant problem, but as others have said its not good for the hair and can accelerate fading.

Ive posted a picture of the cap that I use, taken prior to trimming

Hi Sue, what kind of wig is this?  I ordered something from China that looks like this, but it is extremely to big for my head although it said it was a small cap.  Let me know.  Thank you.

I don't have any advice regarding this as my wig you can't swim in, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck. We all go through finding the right wig, and here's hope that you are nearing the end of your search soon.

Vanessa

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service