Alrighty this baffles me, according to docs and dermos AA strike when your younger and can repeat itself later in life, rare that a person in there 40's would have it for the first time.

Well if this is the case, I asked my mum, Mum said I did not have anything of the sort when I was young, then I think to myself why now? or is she crazy and payed no attention... ok maybe if I had such when younger I could be more educated in such and always in my mind I would know it may come back again, But to supposedly get it now for the first time, kida Pees me off,

( anal side of me typing now) as if we don't have enough pressures of staying and looking a certain way as we age, we try aging gracefully, try to stay at peace within ourselves etc.....but then this happens and it's like all the things we worked towards in becoming or trying to be of sound mind and body BLOWS UP .....and do mean literately...

sorry if My anal side lack of tacked when it comes to appearance of having hair offended anyone, it's just the way I feel

ages please when it first happened?

p.s.......thanx in advance

Views: 2189

Replies to This Discussion

I was diagnosed at 36 but hair regrew with the help of pro- alopeciata. Age is not a factor at all.

I tried onion juice and did not have much success. Eliminating foods has been the only thing that worked for me.

What foods did you eliminate? And you said you had a food sensitivity test? My 10yo daughter was just diagnosed and I am willing to change her diet to try to keep this under control. Thanks!

My son eliminated gluten, dairy, sugar, soy....and also got excellent results.  For him, there seems to be a huge connection between diet and his hair. Also switched to all natural soap, deodorant and shampoo.....

I was 30 when my hair started "thinning", and by 35 I had alopecia areata. I'm now almost 59 years old.

Hi. I'm Judy and I got AA when I was SIXTY FIVE!! Not exactly young.

Hi, I was 12, lost all my hair in two weeks - AT - then after the birth of my daughter I developed AU (age 30) - now at 38, my daughter is 8 and she lost all her hair in 3 months (AT). No records of this in the family what-so-ever untill me and my daughter. We are both acceptant of our difference :) wish you all the best x

I was mid 20s. I'm pretty sure my mom has her first spot (she claims it from a headset rubbing... but it looks too much like my AA) at age 52.

I was 43 when I suddenly developed AA. I had 3 large spots on my scalp. Within one year they have grown back in.

Hey there, I'm 17 and I've had AA since I was about 1 1/2 - as long as I can remember!

I got my first attack of Alopecia Areata at 43 years old.

I had my first occurrence when in 2011, when I was 22, but it was very minor compared to how it is now. I had a thinning right eyebrow, and one temple patch the size of a quarter, maybe as large as a silver dollar. Got cortisone shots, and they filled in after about 7-8 months. My second episode started in Jan 2013, at age 24. Started as one patch, now has turned into multiple, with most of the right side of my scalp empty, with significant shedding throughout. No family history, just me.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service