Hi all,

This is my first post, please go easy.

I'm 31 years old, and I first noticed a bald patch in Jan 2014 and at first I ignored it thinking noting of it - until it got bigger! At first is was 4cm x 4cm, but it soon got to about 8cm x 10cm. Now, I still haven't seen a derm, but I have seen my GP and she diagnosed AA, I've now decided to go private and see a derm. My doctor initially prescribed a 1% steroid cream and I combined this with minoxidil, all whilst I awaited my bloods (came back normal). However, the patch continued to grow bigger (to 8x10). So I went back to my GP who prescribed dermovate, I used this for about 3 weeks and then stopped, my hair has started to grow back (although blonde), and this has made me happy! :-)

However, last week I spoke to a British Skin Foundation employee about my AA, and when he heard my age was shocked. With this, it made me concerned again, as we all know, Alo plays havoc with our mental health - it did mine, and I just make things worse in my head! Does age play a major factor in Alo or can you be any age? The BSF employee seemed to think it only happened when you were young, this is my first time with AA? Am I thinking too much into this and over reacting about nothing? With my AA, because I never seem to have any illnesses, I keep seeking some other reason for my patch... Again, do you guys think I'm being silly, and does it even matter about my age?

A

Views: 1683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I had AU at 1 year :)

Lol...I meant liberated in my last sentence of my reply.

Lol, have you done a 'Shakespeare' and created a new word?

Lol..seems like I have and seems I need to spellcheck better as well.

I got my first sign of alopecia at age 43. I had never heard of alopecia before.

I met a woman a few years ago and she was 80 when she started showing her first signature signs of alopecia.

So my answer is No.

That said, my understanding is that the majority of people have an appearance of alopecia before the age of 30.

Jeff 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service