Today I received a email from the National Alopecia Areata Foundation. This above drug has received FDA approval for Alopecia Areata. I know that not all people will be interested in this medication, but I thought I would share this information. If you type in the internet Olumiant for Alopecia Areata information will come up on the medication and the success rate in clinical trials. What I understand is that when the FDA approves medication for a particular condition then the insurance companies can offer this medication under an individuals plan. Now that being said, every medical plan offers different benefits.

I hope this note helps those out that are interested in keeping up with medical advancements for Alopecia.

Views: 434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw this today as well... this is very good news and gives more hope then we have ever had for a treatment.

They keep touting the fact that this drug could help regrow hair for people suffering from Alopecia Areata but so far I've heard nothing about Alopecia temporal or alopecia universalis.  Does the drug work for us as well?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service