I have been wearing Nutech or New Technology wigs for years. I am looking for an alternative and was wondering the following: How long do Follea wigs last? Are they prone to tearing? For those who have worn them are they cool in summer?

Views: 18920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i thought the follea gripper was itchy.  i'm much happier with the freedomwigs.  the inside is totally smooth and it custom fits to your head.  good luck!!!!

Hi

I would disagree with regards to NuTech and Freedom being the same.

I believe they are both fully customised wigs. NuTech has a different vacuum ability than Freedom. It is a handtied piece using a very different cap type (polyurethane). I'm not sure of the hair type used in a NuTech either.

I hope you find something that helps with your needs Meg.

Rosy

Hello,
The Follea gripper collection, consist of the Cool and Sport. The diffeance is in the amount of silicone in the cap part of the gripper. The Sport has silicone at the nape, temples and across the top front of the piece. Also silicone from the crown down in narrow strips to make the piece more breathable. The hair is 100% European; I have permed, hi/low lighted the grippers. The first piece I sold almost 3 years ago is still in good shape. This client has just ordered a second piece. The life of any hair piece depends on how you take care and condition the gripper hair. For more indepth information an a video please email me at cwestgb@aol.com or call me directly at me cell 850-712-3369.
Carmen West, Master Hair Stylist, Specializing in cutting Human Hair prosthesis.
You may want to email me at cwestgb@aol.com and I will send you a picture of Makayla wearing the gripper with no bangs.
Carmen West, my cell j is 850-712-3369 for more details.

I know EXACTLY what spot you are talking about - I dislike it so so so very much. My custom wigs don't have it but some of my others do which is why they reside in my closet.

and how did you go with the nutech and new technology? i bought a freedom wig and am realy dissapointed

Hi there,

Why exactly were you disappointed with your freedom? I have ordered one, and I'm a little worried now!

I also wore Nutech for years and have switched to the Follea Gripper Cool. Overall, I am happy with the Gripper. It is much cooler than the the Nu hair piece and I have had no problem with it sliding or staying on. The only negative is I don't believe the hair quality is quite as good but it is close. I have had the Follea for about 10 months now and it still looks good. Another plus is the cost. I believe Nu Hair's piece runs around $4500 now while the Gripper is around $3500 for the 12 inch hair.

Hi Amy-Rose

I Know that Samantha is being looked after by her Independent Agent in the UK...sadly there is a problem with language/communication as English is this ladies second language. I'm sure any problems she has had with the UK IA will and are being sorted out.

Rosy

Hi Laura

I believe the Nutech wig and the Follea gripper would be similar type hairpieces (Similar features and benefits), except from what I understood the Nutech piece is custom made (just for you), where as the Gripper is not, if it was I believe it would be a similar price to the Nu Tech (Nu Hair) piece.

The hair quality on the Gripper is that of processed hair...not sure about Nu Tech(Nu hair), I think with them it depends on the colour....lighter colours may be processed, whereas darker colours maybe be unprocessed.

The difference in heat may be due to the fact that Nu Hair has a polyurethane base, handtied. I have read that it has been described as very hot...but I have also heard the same reports about the Gripper. The layers of silicone, material and hair cause undue insulation. My thought on heat and wigs is that all are hotter than no hair or your own growing hair...none keep you cool. Some are specifically designed to keep you comfortable in warm weather though.

Pleased this is all working for you.

Rosy

Rosy

Hi,

I bought a Follea gripper cool last year after years of wearing synthetic mono wigs.

My initial feeling when trying it was that it was way heavier than my synthetic one, but a few minutes later it felt fine. I have now had it for 11 months and have worn it daily for more than 10 hours a day. I wash it once a week as instructed, with paraben and sulphate free shampoo and conditioner and the hair still looks fine.

The wig feels cool in summer and I haven't experienced any discomfort wearing it. It has stretched just slightly but it still feels very secure on the head.

My main problem however, is the lace front. After just four or five weeks of wearing the wig, the lace started "unthreading" ( I hope my explanation gives you an idea) and I could definitely feel the edge of the lace sort of scratching on my forehead as well as being visible. I trimmed the lace front, but before long it looked just the same. I wear the wig with a fringe now and I can say I am overall happy.

Hope that helps.

Hi I have a Follea gripper sport and I LOVE it , it is so amazing . I really wish I had of bought one years ago !!! Here's a pic I'm wearing a 12"
Attachments:

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service