I have been wearing Nutech or New Technology wigs for years. I am looking for an alternative and was wondering the following: How long do Follea wigs last? Are they prone to tearing? For those who have worn them are they cool in summer?

Views: 18920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You look beautiful!!

Thank you so much Carmen !! I really feel it . I use to feel so cramp about myself before I got her . She really makes me feel amazing . Do you wear one ?

Hello Sophie

Please contact me.  

Rosy

Hi Rose , sorry lol I don't sell them but I can put you in contact with someone that does . I go through Transitions in Sydney in Australia and I deal through Andrew Wilson he's a really lovely guy and he is actually on Alopecia world :-) feel free to flick me a message if you want his contact details xx
HA Deanna Beattie makes sense now . No I do not want I Carry out a order with you .

Hi Sophie

I truly thought you would know it was me....my picture is on my post just as your's is on your post.  As we have met personally I recognised you instantly.

I'm really so sad that you are feeling so upset....I have emailed you again in the hope that you will answer me privately....so we can sort these issues out.

Rosy/Deanna

Hi Sophie 

You haven't got back to me as yet...?  I really don't want to have to contact you here...but will to try and get this sorted for you.

Rosy

i tried a follea wig but found it to be too itchy and it didn't really work for my lifestyle.  i'm happier with my freedom wig. good luck!

I wanted and did address this issue with you personal but since YOU have posted this personal information on Alopecia World for all to see I see no reason hide it anymore . I have received and read ALL of your emails Deanna Beattie and I can see that you are deleting the messages that you posted to me on this thread of conversation .

As per you emails I have chosen not to respond , as all the blame is constantly
pushed on to me and no responsibility was taken by Freedom wigs for 3 incorrect sized wigs .
And no I will not delete my message on here like you have asked me to ( via email) you where the one that started this by approaching me on here and my comments are a ramifications of just that.

You are constantly telling me that my treatment is the cause of the damage and this is not the case .
Past contact that I have made with you , you have made it clear that it was my responsibility for sizing and I should have known it wasn't a correct fit .
I had no idea that I would need to be resized and was never told that this would be needed.

The Australian rep visited me ONCE for my initial fitting and on no other times . No effort or follow up was made to ensure my wigs where correct . And no questioning about the size was mention by the rep when We reached out to her with concern that the wigs where not not last 8-10 moths tops WITH ABSOLUTE CARE. The repose was simply you a too hard on your hair . Which was not the case ! As the first one lasted me 3 years with not be so careful attitude and my care got a lot greater with the 2nd 3rd and 4th wig .

I even contacted you as a new representative because I was so displeased with the Australian rep and I expressed this to you from the beginning in 2012.

If my issues with my past 3 wigs were going to be resolved by freedom wigs, something would have been done and some responsibility would have been accepted, but at our meeting and to date, nothing has been offered to compensate me or to resolve this matter.

I wish to be passed on to the director of freedom wigs to work towards a solution so all this can be put behind me as soon as possible. Please don't continue to contact me as it's clear that you are not willing to resolve this matter unless I take full responsibility for incorrectly fitting wigs. It is on the border lines of harassment and I wish for you to stop.

My first wig was amazing lasting 3 years (with average care taken ) and I only wish the rest had been fitted properly and none of this trauma would have occurred .

Ok...I can see you are feeling very wronged. The only reason I asked you to remove your message was to make sure that you felt comfortable.  If you don't want to I truly don't mind. I will address all issues here. 

I will answer each of your issues one paragraph at a time.

When you get a Freedom Wig you are measured as accurately as possible, in most cases this is by using a medical scanner as the accurate fit plus the use of medical silicone creates the security a Freedom Wig gives..  You are sent a fitcap which you must approve before a wig is made....your approval is telling Freedom that you’re happy with the fit. When you reorder you are asked if your fit is still appropriate.  This is what happened when you talked with me and I understood that things had changed and you needed a new scan ....which was done as promptly as possible.  I flew down to Christchurch and spent the afternoon with you and your husband to make this happen.  At that time I explained what I saw as issues with your hair.  The first thing I noticed was that your wig did not fit you and you were struggling with it.  I discussed the mechanical breakage that had occurred because of the fit and did a new scan and began your order. At that time you did not seem terribly unhappy but were pleased to have resolved the problem.  (I'm not sure what has changed).

The Australian IA did visit you once and went through the ordering process ...you checked your fitcap and your first wig fitted you very well I would think.  From that time on your mum, did all reorders, this was not because the Australian IA did not want to see you and she most certainly would have made the time to see you if this is what you wanted or needed.  If you don't ask for assistance it is assumed that everything is going well. We actually don't like to hassle our clients and we tend to hope that they are moving on with their lives and they will contact us if they need to.  You ordered three more wigs (without telling anyone that there was a problem).

I have discussed this with the Australian IA and she explained to me that you were very upset when she first met you and felt that your family and you were doing well.  She didn't feel it appropriate to push herself into your life unless invited.  You didn't invite her, so she did her job as she should.  Always getting the hair and your order organised, so you could have your freedom hair.

Mechanical breakage is what I believe you are talking about. This is not about blame for me.  You had quite extensive amounts of this in your hair and I explained the things that would cause it...we came to the conclusion that your change of weight and constant rearranging of your hair was the culprit...so we fixed the fit with a new scan and I felt we had a resolution for the issue.  It is sad that you never told anyone about the fit of your hair until I talked with you.

Some people only need one scan for their whole lives, others ....like me, would need more as in my case my weight seems to continually go up rather than down.    

I often think you have to use your common sense around fit (especially with a Freedom Wig, which is a very accurate custom wig).  If you were a size 6 and turned into a size 14....you wouldn't think your size 6 jeans would fit any longer ...the same can be said for your Freedom Wig (not in all cases though as some people can change weight and their head size stay very similar) Just to help...If your size changes always go to your IA and get refitted.  It's an easy process and all IA's want to make sure you get the best result with your hair. Remember most have alopecia and understand this is a very important investment for you.  

You contacted me...because you moved countries; you left Australia and came to New Zealand.  This meant that you could work with Freedom Directly as this can only happen if you are resident in New Zealand.

When I talked with you about resolving your fitting issue you were happy and understood your own responsibility in letting us know in future what was happening with your fit. We just can't know what you don't tell us.  At that time you put an order in with Freedom and we began to sort things for you.  You seemed so happy.....then it came to light that your last wig had not been paid for....an oversight I believe as your last wig was an insurance claim (as your wig had been lost in a flood - hope I have that right).  I passed this issue on to you and didn't hear from you for over a year....even though I tried to contact you by phone and email.  (That is a problem really through this whole scenario) Communication. 

You came back to me in August of this year and said you would like to again move forward with your hair.  I asked if the problems with the accounts were sorted and that is when we found that an error had been made where the insurance cheque had gone astray.  Your mum wrote to the Australian IA and asked for an invoice so she could get the claim sorted and that was that last I heard from you and the IA heard from your mum.  I had tried again to communicate with you.  

I was genuinely pleased to see you here as I thought, great I can contact her and get this all sorted.  Maybe a little naive on my part as in hindsight I should have realised that you had found an alternative that was going to work for you.  In reality I thought that you were probably going to wear both choices as many people do.  Sadly I found out differently. 

As for my harassing you...I think that a little unfair.  I have tried to communicate with you so you have all the information as I felt there were holes in your knowledge especially pertaining to your first email.  I have sent you 4 emails...the first on the day I saw you here...asking you to contact me.  The second to extend an option to communicate amicably and privately, the third to pass on the email from your mum saying that a mistake had been made and she would get the insurance to pass on the cheque, the third to pass on the invoice for your mum as even though it was sent in August by the Australian IA nothing had happened.

If you have other instances of me writing I would be very surprised.  Remember I am trying to sort this out for you.  Not hurt you.  I'm not the enemy, my daughter also has alopecia I understand this is very difficult. 

You are welcome to ring Freedom, I will email you the person you should talk with and hopefully this can be resolved for all concerned.  

I'm really pleased that you have started communicating with me as I think the only way forward is by doing that.

Rosy/Deanna

As previously stated , you haven't addressed any of the issues and made it seem like the problems started from the wig payment .

I have addressed the issue with both the Australian rep and yourself only to be quickly blamed but now something must be done as it has become clear that it wasn't me and I was paying for something that did not fit.

These problems have been since Australia and I have already talked via email a lot to you about them. Once again , was dismissed as my fault . I continually asked the Australian rep what I was doing wrong and the response I got over and over is that I am mistreating my wig. I even stated how quickly they deteriorated , in under 12 months and still it was me that was blamed for the damage.

As it goes for weight being the issues I will dismiss that right now ! As for when you resized me in Christchurch 2 years ago I was a size 8 -10 in jeans (from when I was initially fitted I was a 6-8 ) and you confirmed that yes my wig was to small . You also agreed that I should have been advised this by my Australian agent and if I where to order a new wig I would have to have a new fit cap made to my adult size . And If I got one made using the original mould which they had been using , the same thing would happen again. (Your words not mine)

Again I will say you have not once tried to resolve this matter , if you had of I would not be here writing this now.

For the second time ,this issue cannot be resolved between you and me , I want this to be passed on to the freedom wig director as previously stated. This will be my last correspondence between us.

I have 4 emails and 19 messages from you in the past 24 hours , and my only response has been my 2 above posts . It is quite a bit more than just a few . I have attached screenshots of this is the images below .
Attachments:

I feel like I have explained to you as well as possible the events as I understand them above.

I think it may be sensible if I explain the relationship between Independent Agents and Freedom Wigs New Zealand.  Freedom Wigs New Zealand is a manufacturer.  You can only buy a wig from them (directly) if you live in New Zealand.  If you don't live in New Zealand and you would like a Freedom Wig then you have the option of working with Independent Agents.  They run their own businesses and Freedom Wigs New Zealand supply them with Freedom wigs as per the specifications from their clients after everyone has worked through their consultations which works out the appropriate specifications for the end user, with them being fully involved.  This is done with great care.  The reason Freedom NZ does this is because New Zealand is actually a long way from most things and for the wearers of Freedom Wigs we feel they are better served by dealing with somebody locally that understands their culture, taxes, duties, shipping etc.  This works very well for those international Freedom wearers we help. 

At this time Sophie you have not bought a Freedom Wig from Freedom Wigs New Zealand.  You have bought all of your Wigs through your Australian IA.

You could only work with me if you lived in New Zealand.. that was how our relationship started...you moved to New Zealand..

The issues you have with the Australian IA with payment will now be looked after by her. They really have nothing to do with me as you no longer have an order with me. 

Reading through your posts and after meeting your personally, I believe this can be resolved appropriately for all involved.  I actually thought we had done that when I met with you and your husband.  

What I passed on above was my consultation with you and the outcome I felt we had achieved.  I wasn't privy to any conversations between you and the Australian IA.  So, that maybe the best place for you to start.  

She is a really lovely lady and will be only to pleased to discuss this so you can understand what has transpired and get some resolution.  Maybe your mum could also be part of the conversations as she was the person placing the orders. That may help as well.

Contact her and I'm sure this will be worked out.    

As I also said before ....I will email you with the contact information for the New Zealand General Manager.

As for the accusations of harassment...that is very unfair and just not true...you have two threads going here so I have to answer you in each as you keep posting in both.  As I said before and as your screen dumps show there is only three emails...which I explained above.  

I'm really happy to stop communication with you, but am unable to do this if you keep writing to me.

I wish you well Sophie.

Rosy 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service