I have been wearing Nutech or New Technology wigs for years. I am looking for an alternative and was wondering the following: How long do Follea wigs last? Are they prone to tearing? For those who have worn them are they cool in summer?

Views: 18920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Meg,

I realise that this is an old post, but I'm not sure that your questions have been answered sufficiently.  I am Andrew from Transitions Hair in Sydney that Sophie speaks of in this thread, I am the distributor for Follea in Australia and NZ.  I have been working with Follea for about 6 years, pretty much since they started, my advice here is only general and based upon my experience and feedback from my clients.  

Now to your questions:

How long do Follea wigs last?  Of course, it depends on how you look after them.  For those people who care for their new hair well, I have found that that the Grippers and the Aero wigs have lasted up to 2.5 years (give or take 6 months).  The Lifestyle wigs can last up to 3 years, sometimes longer (give or take 6 months).  I would say that the conditions in Australia are rather hard on the hair, so depending on where you live you might get a better result. 

Are they prone to tearing?  No.  I have found them to very robust overall.  By the 2.5 year mark on the grippers and the Aero wigs the lace top can tend to become brittle and start to break down.  It is repairable, but by 2.5years, I would think that most people would like to have fresh hair.  The lace front is also quite robust in the Gripper wigs compared to other lace wigs as you don't need to use any tape or adhesive on it.  This has a massive effect on how long it lasts for (also makes it easier to use).  

Are they cool in Summer - Of course, it's not like your own hair, but many of my clients say that compared to alternatives they are very cool in summer.  Many love how they can feel the wind on their scalp and feel the rain too.  They are designed to be breathable and by all reports they are very good at this - this is true across the range.  One client felt that the lifestyle wig was cooler around the sides and back (all hand tied). 

I hope this helps!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service