Appears yes:

FDA-approved naltrexone, in a low dose, can normalize the immune system — helping those with HIV/AIDS, cancer, autoimmune diseases, and central nervous ...

What do you think? a

Views: 15988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi P, It's now almost 3 weeks that I'm on 4.5...

I haven't had any problems with sleep personally. In the beginning, I'd wake up in the middle of the night ( at 2 A.M etc ), but not anymore. So not too sure. I've read that it can be taken in the morning too ( as pterese mentioned ).

@pterese, do you have any updates on how your daughter is responding? Has anybody else on here been using LDN long enough to share your progress (positive or negative)? Thanks!

Hello. She is doing great. No side effects at all. The growth is still blonde fuzz. It is progressing in the right direction.

Thanks pterese!

For me it's only been 5,5 wks and I shouldn't expect hair, however I did notice some blonde hairs on my arms, that weren't there. I'll will post an update as soon as there are new developments.

Thats fantastic!  What dose are you on?

I have struggled with LDN just purely due to the sleep issues.  I sleep badly as it is and this has made it worse, so i have switched to taking it at noon which helps (sleep still not quite right). No hair improvement yet but i lowered my dose to 2.5ml just due to the sleep thing so havent reached 4.5ml yet.  No side effects other than the sleep.  

Hi Vicki, that's unfortunate. In the beginning I suffered from nausea and extreme exhaustion, but now I feel so good. My hayfever has improved significantly as well. I have been on 4.5mg for almost 5 weeks. I constantly keep looking in the mirror, being impatient :-). But from everyone that has experienced growth, it was between 8 and 12 weeks, so I don't want to jump for joy yet. My hairloss hasn't stopped either, but from what I've read, it can take up to 3 months and that is due to new cell generation.

I am staring in the mirror for a miracle too.  Along with the hair loss I get such bad scalp pain.  I have shaved what is left of my hair short but areas of my scalp hurt so bad, and if the I move my hair or wear a wig for too long, the scalp pain is insane.  LDN has helped with pain a bit.  I am also losing my eyebrows and my bottom lashes which is really making me anxious.  Do you have scalp pain?

I don't have scalp pain, but there was a lady on the 'got e' fb page that experienced the same as you. She said that after 3 months the hairloss was over and that the pain was gone and her hair was growing back. From what I've read so far, with ldn, patience is key. We have keep hope and faith, as there are so many positive stories out there. Keep us updated and don't give up!

I think 4.5 dose and 3 months is a great starting point to evaluate effectiveness of LDN. It could however take longer. I predict a year before full coverage with my daughter. Morning dosing also works if insomnia is an issue. It helps to go very slowly. Add .5 mg each week to ten days.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service