We have been hearing A LOT about the new FDA Approved Lilly and Incyte's OLUMIANT® (baricitinib) drug.

We would like to start a discussion here on Alopecia World with people who have tried it, are trying it, or considering trying it.  This is a place you can discuss both success as well as side-effects and objections to trying the drug.  Hoping this form will help people with alopecia make more informed decisions.

A place that hopefully we can get real users’ comments and reactions.  Maybe uncover some things that your doctor never told you about the drug, good or bad.  Upload your photos, videos, anything you think the community should know about OLUMIANT®.

Or perhaps you just want to keep your eye on OLUMIANT®, let this be the place.

JOIN THE GROUP TODAY TO KEEP UP ON THE DISCUSSION

According to Lilly, ” Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) and Incyte (NASDAQ:INCY) announced
 that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved OLUMIANT® (baricitinib), a once-daily pill, as a first-in-disease systemic treatment for adults with severe alopecia areata (AA), available as 4-mg, 2-mg and 1-mg tablets.1 The recommended dose is OLUMIANT 2-mg/day, with an increase to 4-mg/day if treatment response is inadequate. For patients with nearly complete or complete scalp hair loss, with or without substantial eyelash or eyebrow hair loss, consider treating with 4-mg/day. Once an adequate response is achieved on 4-mg/day, the dosage is to be decreased to 2-mg/day.1 OLUMIANT is not recommended for use in combination with other JAK inhibitors, biologic immunomodulators, cyclosporine or other potent immunosuppressants.”

More discussion on AlopeciaWorld.com regarding Olumiant

Views: 1399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My consultant finally reached me! She is prescribing Zofran anti-nausea drug to take with Olumiant. So I will try again. Stay tuned. I will keep you updated.

I started Olumiant 4mg about 2 months ago going off of Xeljanz 10g x 2 day. I Started shedding hair on head to a point where  I just shaved it all off.

Its coming in slow but thought I try it out. My medical insurance covers it for the year and co pay is 5$ with "copay sign up". I hopefully get good results but the shedding switching meds had me a little concerned. My eyelashs and earbows are still intact which is good.

We stall see. I have about 3 -4 days left in my second month on olumiant with no side effects. (I didnt have any side effects on the xeljanx 10mg x 2 either 

My son 19 was prescribed OLUMIANT 4mg and the insurance Pre Authorization was rejected stating the recommended dosage was 2mg. Now this was just denied stating that "Defused Pattern" was not covered.

Anyone aware of any assistance programs / coupons from the manufacturer? 

CVS Specialty pharmacy cost is $2,622 for a 30-day 2mg supply :( I had my family members check and in France its $300 and Switzerland $600. Still checking if its available and cost in Poland and Mexico. 

Correction, the information I had on France and Switzerland is not correct. Just got confirmation that the 2mg 30 day supply in Switzerland is $1,150 and apparently we would need to arrange for an in person doctor visit so add to that the visit cost and round trip flight (hopefully just for the initial prescription). Still fighting with insurance for Pre Approval which was rejected twice. 

We also considered a trip to Mexico but not its $1,170 and apparently hard to get now as its also prescribed for Covid.  

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service