Hello All,

I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in Jan 2022 and as spots got bigger and joined up, my consultant says it is turning into Universalis with 90% of facial and 80% of scalp hair (plus some from chest and other parts) gone already.

My query: Some white hairs are growing from all my face and scalp bold parts. Is this normal for AU? Do all people with AU get these white hairs? Are these a sign of regrowth or they also disappear after some time.?

I appreciate your comments.

Sid

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard of it happening...I didn't have it happen to me, but I would say that it's pretty unpredictable with regards to AU & regrowth.  

it is a very good thing

What little hair I have had come back in is white as snow.  Not what used to be my hair color.  I have had universalis for probably 8 years now.  I get very little growth and then it falls out.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service