I'm experiencing unprecedented regrowth, and want to hear about your similar experiences. I have had AU for almost 4 years now, first onset being in my mid-thirties. Possibly there was a link between my stressful job and the hair loss -- I've been away from that situation now for almost a full 3 years. I've been using turmeric (golden paste - supposedly good for anti-inflammation) in the past few months and that's all I've been doing differently than normal. I have tried about everything for varying periods of time over the last few years!

I now have patches of thick, dark hair coming in all over my head, (not connected...yet?) and I'm growing eyelashes and a bit of body hair here and there. I know from reading, not to be too optimistic or get attached, as it comes and goes. But this is something I haven't seen before, and it's all coming in at once. 

What are your experiences with regrowth and AU? 

Views: 25203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your prompt reply.

As of now I m also undergoing Homeopathic treatment for my hair loss.   Has any one tried Homeopathic treatment ?

I m also trying Onion juice.... Trying everything... Hope atleast somethings work on my scalp/ eyebrows/ eyelashes

Molly.... THANKS for inspiring every one... I think if we have confidence.... in what medicines we are taking... One day... everybody with Universallis.... will definitely have hair.... 

Hello, I am having similar symptoms as you do, regrowth on my head, although I haven't done turmeric paste- I will start with that tomorrow. I did AIP diet and I think that helped a little.
I was wondering if you are still using it and if you have new patches of hair show up?

i have experienced regrowth twice before first time i had it for 12 years then it fell again and regrowth again for 6 years and fell again and now it starting to show some hair in my eyelashes

this sounds very promising! I'll try out the tumeric today.

do you happen to know if you have a genetic predisposition, molly? i have a feeling that not being predisposed makes dietary changes more likely to work.

I've had pretty good regrowth and I've been drinking a tumeric 'tea' every morning for about a year. I will say that I also took MTX (15mg/week) and I also use Rogaine and clobetasol steriod cream as well as an essential oil blend too.

But I figured tumeric couldn't hurt and when the doc took me off MTX after a year, I am continuing with the tumeric. Here's a B&A of me:

I did eventually lose my left (right camera view) eyebrow and had it microbladed (the photo on the right).

Wow! Did you notice a big leap in regrowth after starting the Turmeric?
Awesome! Looks great! What is MX?

Methotrexate (MTX) There are good studies out there to model after which is what my doc did. And YES, I did notice regrowth - in fact, I would say it pushed back a remission that I had this summer where I had more patches reappeared. I'm religious in having the tea (1/2 tsp tumeric, a pinch of black pepper, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and some coconut milk just for flavor, all mixed in hot water, on an empty stomach.)

I don't like being a clinical study (unless it was Xeljanz, LOL) so I do everything I can, all at once. It would be hard to tell exactly what worked. I've been off Methotrexate for a month.

I am growing new hair still!

Ann

Also I also exited a stressful work situation in the summer of 2015 (I lost all my hair in the fall of 2015, it started in September with a few patches and accelerated in October.) My work stress also caused my first flare in 2013/2014 where I lost most all my hair. But I'm out of that now, and that's helped.

Here's what my hair is up to. It's an odd pattern and seems to be thickening up and making its way slowly toward the hairline. Brows and lashes are appearing little by little but still pencil in most of it. I haven't really been good about the turmeric in the last few months as I was moving States and my schedule was wrecked for awhile. Getting back on track though now that I'm settling in.
Attachments:
That is amazing! How many years were you hairless?

Molly, that is amazing! Mine is that same kind of pattern, moving from crown to hairline - so I got to the point where a headband or scarf would pretty much hide the bald spots. My hair is very thin yet so I still wear a wig for work (the photos  posted are my actual hair now.)  The pattern has a name, my dermo mentioned it and I forget now, but it's common.

I lost my hair for a year and a half in 2013/14 and I lost it again in late 2015 and it's been near it's current fullness/growth since about September of this year.  I lost most of my body hair as well this time, but a lot of that has grown back too. I have an interim pic with even less hair than I showed (just the one I shared had both a front and back showing in the mirror that's why I chose that one. The other is my dermo's office and it was pretty much gone.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service