Does anyone know of a dermatologists in NY that can turn Xeljanz in the pill form to a topical cream?

Views: 7801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't live in the States, but I wonder if there is the option of having the topical cream made by a compounding pharmacy. The traditional role of compounding pharmacies is to make drugs prescribed by doctors for specific patients with needs that can't be met by commercially available drugs.

Below is how Dr Christiano describes making the cream in her study. As I understand it, this is for making both a Ruxolitinib version, and a separate Tofacitinib (Xeljanz) version. I don't know if it's a complete instruction set. Presumably, only the compounding pharmacy would be able to determine that.

"Ruxolitinib was purchased from ChemieTek (catalog no. CT-INCB). Tofacitinib was purchased from AbMole BioScience (catalog no. 477600-75-2). Hedgehog agonist (SAG) was purchased from EMD Millipore (catalog no. 566660). JAK-STAT inhibitors were dissolved in DMSO and used at 2 to 3% for in vivo experiments, as indicated, and 400 nM for in vitro experiments. SAG was used at 120 μM, as described by Paladini et al. (2)."

http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500973.full

Hey Scott thank you
Where are you from giusep? You are aware of the fact that there are trials ongoing at the moment in the states for topical ruxolitinib in alopecia? They are already reqruiting! Here is the link: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02553330

I'm taking part in a clinical trial in Australia next year for JAK inhibtor topical, going to be interesting to see what happens, quite exciting  really

Thanks for the posts

That is really nice! By whom is this trial sponsored? Incyte as well? Do you also have a link to the trial and is it a topical form of ruxolitinib as well or is it topical tofacitinib (xeljanz)? I just ask these questions out of curiosity.

On the link I posted they are only recruiting for the States. 

Its by an independent clinic trialing both ruxolitinib and tofacitinib topical. It seems there is good options Stateside for trials

Does anyone know if the topical ruxolitinib would be vovered by insurance?
Can you possibly forward me the details of the trial please. Am very keen to try the JAK topical inhibitor. I agree, it's very exciting. I have read some great reports.

Thanks

If you search online you will find trials in various parts of the States, if thats where you are

Sorry, i should have mentioned that i am also in Australia. I haven't had any sucess in finding anything online.
Thanks

Where are you in Australia?

I am in Victoria, but am happy to travel anywhere. I am self employed, so taking time off isnt a problem

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service