Anyone had the vaccine, or is going to get vaccinated? Or maybe someone who had covid with Alopecia?

As Alopecia is an alteration in the immune system, maybe a more active immune response against a specific protein. That is what I hear from my dermatologist. I am afraid the vaccine might trigger a dangerous response. Please start the discussion

Views: 6430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Smitty,

I didn't pause Tofa at all. I am scared of Alopecia way more than I am scared of Covid.

Thanks so much for your reply.  I truly appreciate it. :)

I got covid in October'20. I have alopecia universalis but I am on the JAK inhibitor trial so my hair has grown back. Instead of the 7 days of quarantine after getting covid, I was advised to quarantine for 14 days since my immune system might have been compromised. I had fever, body pain and headaches but was fine other than that. No last complications forturnately.

Officially, my doctors have said that having alopecia doesn't put us in a risk group since the immune pathway is different. 

Stay safe and take care everyone!

Getting my vaccine next week (1st dose or J&J, not sure) 

40's female on Xeljanz.

Will post if I have any issues or how it goes - not sure which vaccine I will be getting. 

Hi guys! I was able to get J&J on Friday! I am so happy to report:

Vaccine Type: J&J (one shot)  

# of Doses: 1

Current Alopecia Condition: AT (but not right now due to meds)

Current Alopecia Treatment (JAK/Steroids-Please detail the JAK and dosage and/or if you're on a clinical trial) - Xeljanx 5mg 2x day in remission (99% regrowth) for a few years - paused meds for 1.5 day after shot

Only side effects so far 2 days out - mild soreness at injection site, mild fatigure. 

Thank you for the information!

Got the 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago and only side effect was slightly sore arm at the injection site.On the other hand my husband was sick in bed for 3 days after the second shot.

I am about 20 days post-dose. I feel normal and have not had any side effects or hair loss in the past 20 days. In fact, I had my first haircut in over a year (masked of course with K95), and my hairdresser of many many years told me she thought my hair seemed a lot thicker than last year Feb. when I saw her.  

hey guys, I thought I should write this down to inform anybody that you can go through my situation. (i'm sorry English is not my first language) 

i am 25 years old female and got my covid vaccine almost 2 months ago (sinovac), i am an AA and i was using SADBE and had a great progress (had hair everywhere, 30% of my hair was thin).

2 weeks after i got the vaccine, i had the worst attack ever, now i lost %70 of my hair and it's still shedding like crazy. Also i want to mention that i haven't had any attacks for 3 years, so after all the treatments (oral steroid, SADBE for 1.5 years) it was a mental breakdown for me. I have AA since 3 and i never needed a wig, but if the shedding continues like this probably i'll need one. 

Now i started using xeljanz, shedding has not stopped yet (been on xeljanz for 5 days, 5 mg twice a day), i hope shedding stops soon. 

I've seen my doctor and he told me that any type of vaccine can cause an attack. I was not expecting this so i just wanted to let you know that can happen.

Hi Jblossom,

I am so sorry.

What vaccine did you get?

hi, I got the CoronaVac from sinovac (chinese vaccine) i think it's not approved in europe

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service