What is the biggest problem you have with your alopecia?

What is the biggest problem you have with your alopecia?

Views: 2254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ever try tape? I'm a runner and I use that and it works well!

Not feeling like my face or look is complete and that my head is off balance. feeling unattractive to many guys and feeling like people think I have cancer. Being annoyed that I don't have a choice in something that seems so damn trivial but ends up being a big freaking deal for a young single lady. More than one but it was hard to choose.

Feeling unattractive, losing my identity and confidence.

I am fighting back though. I will win.

I'm sure you will win. I had the same feeling before I feel better now but sometimes I lose my identity and confidence to when I want to go out without wigs.

Hi, just cold weather

Hi, you can use hat. even with the hat you still feel cold?

I just use cap but I do not like and I am not confident with

The mental, psychological  path to how I will deal with, respond to all that comes with having no hair, and now eyebrows and eyelashes. It is so much to try to accept and go forward. It is a continuous way through a unknown jungle where hats, scarves and wigs are my new collection. the terrible knot in my stomach when someone sees me bald. I want the freedom to go uncovered but my system is just not ready and don't have support to go uncovered.

Ummm the stares.. But that doesn't bother me at all.
Some days it's all I think about and obsess about it. Other days I feel okay.

Well, there are moments like today when I was hurrying to get my kids at school, walked under a low branch and knocked back my hat and wig. With no other option besides pulling everything off in front of lots of onlookers, I left my wig kind of stuffed into my hat and held the hat on with my hand as I scurried on.

Seriously, I think my biggest problem is settling on what to do about my hair. In my 2-3 years of hair loss, I have yet to decide if I want to be seen as someone with hair (wig and normal), or just to go about as myself (scarf, cap, or shaved and definitely not normal). Not making a clear commitment to one approach or another (even a mixed approach) leaves me thinking more often about my lack of hair and having to make decisions over and over again.

And then there is accepting that it isn't going to grow back, and despite my 40+ years of having hair, the world would only see me as mostly bald.

Yes,I feel the same way. I just shaved my head and sometimes when I'm out in public people can say some mean things.I just try to stay positive and not worry about what's being said.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service