Hey guys just wondering when you had alopecia what have you had tested,

graves disease <-- i have some symptoms towards that but not enough to be sure about it

my gp had me do a few blood tests which im unsure what they were (going to ring tomoroow and find out)
can i just have a list of things you would test after getting it?
Alopecia Areata is what I have at this point,
if it gets to au or at ill deal with it and move foward but while at its early stage I want to go out and find anything and everything and make sure i havent missed anything that could of solved this (although no one knows anything about it really)
ya never know so pleasseeeee what have you had tested?

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had
Thyriod funtion
Blood Count
somthing bio

anything else?
I had a CBC and comprehensive metabolic panel (that looks at all your electrolytes, liver, and kidney function). I also had thyroid testing, ferritin, an ANA to rule out lupus, and a scalp biopsy to confirm my diagnosis when I started going into AU.

I have recently seen an integrative medicine doctor who also ordered a celiac panel, Vitamin D levels, Selenium, Zinc, and a few other metals.

Needless to say, other than the biopsy that showed AA, all my testing was negative.
okay thanks,
just befor i accept having it I wanna rule out anything that may be casuing it

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service