I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting, keep us updated please!!

Hair Loss Pills - http://shytobuy.uk I started using TRX2 thanks to a good friend’s recommendation and the truth is it’s working very well. I already got some of my crown hair back and I feel that, in fact, my hair’s stopped falling out so much.

Hi Are you of those drugs cut the hair remains after discontinuing the medication information Do or Die

I know someone who was on a trial after 10 years of universalis. She grew hair, but it did not stay after getting off meds. Would like to hear from more than just a sample of 1 though!

Hi Do you know who you are after discontinuation of the drug stopped the disease returned them

Propecia without a prescription - https://qualitypillsprovider.com I had heard of Propecia pills for hair loss but had never tried them until I saw that I was losing too much hair. I spent several months following the treatment and quickly saw the results I wanted: strong hair and less hair loss. I highly recommend Propecia.

How did you sign up with Dr. Brett King? Do you need to live in CT for the trial?

Hi,

You can contact his office or by email and make an appointment. You don't have to live in CT but you would have to visit each month. 

Columbia University is doing a separate trial with Ruxolitinib currently they are not taking in new patients for this. They will be doing a Xeljanz trial in the near future. 

Yale University (the one i'm on) is still open for new patients.

Hi all- Does any know the link between how severe the alopecia is ( AA versus AT/AU) and how successful Xelajanz has been so far ?

سلام من ایرانیم لطفا کمک کنید شما میدونی افرادی که بعد ازدوره درمان قرص رو قطع کردند موهاشون ریخته یانه

Contact me 00962796825349

Please answer me was very important

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service