I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live in California, I received my EMS, Beacon order in 10 days and my DHL order from my other source came exactly the same day, a Monday. The DHL was mailed a couple of days before the Beacon EMs order.

Thanks Carrie. I just placed another order with beacon this morning. I’ll be opting for EMS as I’m not in a particular hurry for pills atm. 
My beacon rep advised me if I’m to order via DHL India to UK that I should order small consignment of no more than 4 boxes at a time (due to potential UK custom regs) 

EMS has no such issue and you can order up to 50 boxes in one order 

Glad you received your orders from both DHL and EMS in good time. 
btw …. I’m going to be on holiday in California in 5 months. Hope everything is settled down by then please god. 

Has anyone on this group had recent success in Beacon orders to Canada 

Mouree told me that they’ve been successful in getting orders through customs for the past year.  Wondering if anyone from this group has been ordering and has been successful getting through customs?

I made my first order from Beacon couple of days ago. Had to do bank money transfer. EMS shipping to new York. I do not recommend Fedex or DHL . They recently open all the packages and stop them if there is any medicine inside.

Hey Everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and I am so grateful to everyone who has posted their experiences with alopecia and xeljanz. It has been giving me a renewed sense of hope!

This may be a lot to ask, but I am wondering if someone who lives in the states would be able to receive my shipment from Bangladesh and mail it to me in Canada? My wedding is next year and it is my dream to hopefully grow my hair out. I have been trying to get Xeljanz for a while now but have been struggling due to COVID border restrictions and the medication being seized by Canadian customs. I don’t have anyone I know in the United States that I could send it to, so I am hoping someone on this forum would be willing to help me? I would be more than happy to pay anyone for the trouble in addition to the shipping fees of course!.

Thank you in advance! 

Jessica 

Hi Jessica,

I live in Canada in Sarnia. It’s a border town . I go over all the time and pick up my parcels. I have a shipping address in that states. They receive parcels on my behalf. I would be happy to pick up your order and send it to you. Txt me to make arrangements 519-328-0241

hello Have you recently received an order because beacon is no longer responding.

I sent them a transfer and no response and I don't have much medicine left. I have been ordering them dearly for 2 years and never had a problem.

If anyone is willing to ship to me domestically in Canada I would be happy to pay well for their services.  I’m currently paying off label and would really like to cut costs. I don’t have an access to a border where I live 

if so, please send me a friend request and we can work out arrangement. 

thank you 

hello Have YOU received a beacon order I have been ordering for 2 years and I am sending him the proof of transfer and I have not had an answer for 2 weeks

it's true, i have the same problem. 

I've send many "kind reminder" mail to the beacon, about my order, and nothing reply from them.

What happen? so far they have been consistent!

I haven't posted on this site in forever. I havent really thought about my Alopecia as muc due to covid and finally getting more comfortable with it. I was wondering though, is baracitinix better than xeljanz? Like does it have less side effects for is it basically the same? Also, how much do they cost on Beacon?

I’m having the exact same issue! I transferred money through Wise one month ago and have been speaking with Mouree back and forth who has been stating that the money has not been transferred. However, I have called and emailed Wise multiple times and they have provided me a legal documentation  from their partnering bank confirming that the money has indeed been deposited. Do you think that beacon has been pocketing our money with no intention of giving us our product?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service