I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m having the exact same issue! I transferred money through Wise one month ago and have been speaking with Mouree back and forth who has been stating that the money has not been transferred. However, I have called and emailed Wise multiple times and they have provided me a legal documentation  from their partnering bank confirming that the money has indeed been deposited. Do you think that beacon has been pocketing our money with no intention of giving us our product?

it's good I had Abdullah from beacon there is a delay because he was traveling, today 10 packages have left, and it is resuming normally

So, you mean that is everything is ok with your transaction?

You last talked to Abdullah and he told you it was a trip?

Thanks kevin!

yes I had Abdullah this morning he was traveling in Tanzania for professional reasons that is why it was delayed.

he told me that 10 packages have been delivered this morning and that the shipment will resume normally. don't worry, they'll send the packages.

it is for this reason that transfewise has blocked payments via beacon ...

non beacon are honest and i have had no problem for 3 years it is a large pharmaceutical company, try to reach them by phone

Hey Kevin, I am not able to send funds using transfewise any suggestions on a different service?

revolut maybe?

I can concur with Kevin about beacon. 
I have been using them for 2 and a half years and all my orders have arrived. 
I’ve been dealing with abdullah since the beginning and save for a slight delay in delivery times this September (due to covid related staff issues in the UK) I’ve never had issues with communication or delivery time estimates. 

Anyone on here not have any success with tofacitinib and switch to baricitinib with good results? I’m going on 3 years of tofa and I have very minimal hair growth. 

hi i have good regrowth except hair, i have been taking beacon baracitinib 4mg for 5 months and no difference avex xeljanz.

i think the only one that will make a difference is ctp 543 or ruxolotinib. several people had no response and with one of the two complete regrowth

Hi Kevin 

I’ve had limited success with tofacitinib and moved to 4mg beacon barcitinib.  Not sure Whst different it’s making. It’s staying/ perhaps plateaued and not falling out.  Wondering if beacon is weaker ?  4 mg seems the maximum dose ? 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service