I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What safety concerns?    12mg, 2x a day. Morning and Night

my doctor said due to someone with RA having a heart attack the most she could subscribe was 10mg split. FDA thing.

Safety wise, looking at the data is equal to the placebo group. So it is very safe. I'm in the long term study now so guess I'll be the Guinea pig on safety over the long term. Can say from personal experience I have 0 side effects. The pill is so tiny.

They just extended my trial another 2 years to keep following me. So far its been awesome. Starting to get hair every where. Sort of funny I got hair on my head way before my body hair started growing back. After 2 years on the this my hair is to its original thickness. FYI hair growth started on my left temple, went up and over my head, gradually to the other side. Thought that was odd. You would think it would all the hair would grow in gradually. 

hi jim would you be when it is put on the market because it is in phase 3 in paris it started the trial in may 2021

hello baracitinib will be approved at the end of 2022 beginning of 2023 for alopecia.

I would like to know if there are people who participated in the trial or are on baracitinib treatment

Hi Kevin. Is Baracitinib different than the one from Concert Pharma?

I am in the Long Term Study so I'll be on it another year. Should be approved early 2023.

Anyone hear of Abrocitinib?

It is a concentrated Jak1 inhibitor that is approved for Atopic Dermatitis, but it seems like it may also work for Alopecia 

I just seen that FDA approved a baracitinib treatment.  Hopefully, insurance will start to pick the tab up.

Has anyone tried to get the approved barcitinib for Alopecia  treatment using their insurance.I’m thinking insurance is not going to pay for a several thousand dollar drug for Alopecia.

I just started Olumiant.  I have kiaser  and it doesn't appear to be an issue.

Currently at 2mg a day but expect to move to 4 mg in a few momths.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service