I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey all, hope all is well! Has anyones cholesterol sky rocketed? How do we maintain it or lower it without taking another pill. My cholesterol is really bad since Xeljanz. 

hello newjak my cholesterol has increased also you told me that it had come down by having a keto diet?

I take red yeast rice and Omega 3 and I try to have a healthy diet avocado olive oil salmon.

I don't know it's been 1 years since I did a blood test I'm afraid of the results.

i got olumiant 4mg for 3 months i will do a blood test in 1 month.

what is your cholesterol level?

if not, apart from the cholesterol, the rest of your blood test is good? try to see with your doctor I do not recommend statins because there are bad results and side effects.

try to reduce your medicine for a while to restore your health.

what does your doctor think?

It has been wildly fluctuating. I think the last time I posted it was low and I was on the keto diet. Then it went back up. 

LDL 183

HDL 84

TRIGLYCERIDES 34

Doctor thinks I should go to a cardiologist, but I shouldn't be too worried since it's most likely Xeljanz. Before Xeljanz I had normal LDL 

The rest of my other blood work is normal. 

Anyone ordering Baracitinib (Olumiant)or Xeljanz from Beacon to Canada?

Can it get thru customs or does it need to be sent to the States?

Cant find a dermatologist in Canada that will prescribe these meds.

Will be difficult to get monitored with out a health care professional.

Would appreciate others experience and help.

Thanks so much

Hi Everyone,

I am from Canada and I am desperately looking for someone who would be willing to accept my shipment of Baricitnib from Beacon. Unfortunately, the medication is being seized at the border when sent directly from Beacon, but does go through when being sent from the States. I would be more than willing to pay for the trouble of sending this medication to Canada. 

Thank you so much!

Mohit

What's everyone's dosing schedule?

Do you split your dosage or do you take it all at once?

The half life of tofacitinib is 3 hours ( the 11mg XR is 6 hours). 

Just wondering :) 

As I am on XR (with the extended half-life) I may tweak my daily administration to the full 22mg once in the morning. 

This is protocol for UC patients using tofacitinib / xeljanz:

Usual Adult Dose for Ulcerative Colitis

Immediate-Release Tablets:

• Induction: 10 mg orally twice a day for at least 8 weeks
  • Maintenance: 5 mg orally twice a day

Extended-Release Tablets:

• Induction: 22 mg orally once a day for at least 8 weeks
  • Maintenance: 11 mg orally once a day

Following 

Hello, I have been reading this forum for a long time. I am in France, I have had alopecia for 30 years which has become universal for 10 years. For 18 months I have been participating in a clinical trial based on jak initiators and this has made my eyelashes, eyebrows, beard grow back, but for the hair, I only had a down...
the trial ends in two months and I hesitate to buy drugs on the beacon site.
Could you tell me if it's worth it? if some have not come across fake drugs or had side effects, what are their prices and possibly a reliable link to their site?

Thank you and good luck to all

I know it's late. I haven't been in the forum in a while. I have been using Tofacitinib for 6 years now. I have bought from beacon a couple of times.

The website is this https://www.beaconmedicare.com.bd/bml/web/medicare-team.php 
The person I talked to was Abdullah. 

Every box with 30 pills of 5 mg was around 10 usd as far as i remember. Keep in mind that a few years back some people of this forum tested them and found them to be 4.2mg truly. 

Customs are hit or miss from my experience. 

Hi all, I have been on Xeljanz for 7 years now and was just diagnosed with superficial skin cancer across my nose.  My derm said this is most likely related to Xeljanz.  I was wondering if anyone had any similar side effects.  I am not going off of Xeljanz because I simply can't be bald again.  I may reduce the dose, however, to 5mgs  once a day instead of two times a day.  I am being treated and expect a full recovery, but just a word of caution to be careful in the sun and wear a very good sunscreen while taking any of these JAK meds.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service