I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand your frustration but I am giving you real information.
if you want to get generic xeljanz or baracitinib i can tell you how to get it

Bonjour Kevin

Je cherche finalement à obtenir du Tofacitinib.

Beacon me dit que les douanes ( je présume françaises) bloquent actuellement les livraisons vers la France, comment te débrouilles- tu?

merci

Bonjour Kevin, Je crois que comme moi vous êtes Français et vos articles sont très intéressants ! Je suis nouveau ici et je viens de vous envoyer une demande d’ami. Serait-il possible de vous parler via la messagerie s’il vous plaît ? 

Merci beaucoup par avance ! 

Fred

Hi Kevin, why do you think its 2024 for approval! Thanks

Hi Patchy. 
Concert has said in a press release that CTP will be seeking marketing approval early 2023 following completion of Phase 3. 

PF06651600 has a long term phase 3 starting which will take time as well. I did notice they have a Phase 2b/3 trial completing this year however. Not sure if that could have any impact on timing for that drug. I assume they would have to complete the full phase 3 long term trial before receiving approval. And that would align to what Kevin said with respect to time to market. 

the baracitinib drug I know little about and seems that it could be sooner if approved. 

unfortunate but it likely will be sometime yet for an approve drug. 

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/lilly-armed-new-data-to-seek-fi...

lilly will be filing for approval this year. Not sure why you don’t think baricitinib will be approved. And according to Brittany Craiglow and Brett King, (both experts in alopecia and who discovered jaks work for alopecia) it will be approved within a year. 

ttps://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/lilly-armed-new-data-to-seek-fi...

lilly will be filing for approval this year. Not sure why you don’t think baricitinib will be approved. And according to Brittany Craiglow and Brett King, (both experts in alopecia and who discovered jaks work for alopecia) it will be approved within a year. 

that's great to see :-)

Salut kevin, je crois que tu es français, j aimerais bien  pouboir echanher avec toi car j ai du mal avec l anglais, je t ai ajouté a ma liste de contact pour pouvoir te parler directement mais ca ne marche pas, sinon je suis joignable sur messenger à belland gaelle si tu peux rentrer en xontact avec moi je voudrais juste te demander quelques renseignements.

Merci

Salut je t'ai envoyé une demande d'ami 

Bonjour Kévin, serait-il possible d’échanger avec toi via la messagerie ? 
Merci

Hey all!

Like everyone I am super concerned with the recent xeljanz report. I reached out to my Doctor who specializes in Alopecia, and has been treating me for 3-4 years, and this was her response

"We don't think this applies to alopecia areata patients. Rheumatoid arthritis patients are generally much older and sicker. We are working on publishing our own data and doing statistical analysis on my patients now so we'll see what it shows but none of my patients have ever had these issues."

I think we should obviously have our concerns, but staying calm and continuing on is the best. FDA most likely won't do anything other than make recommendations. 

Hopefully by 2023-2025 we have a JAK inhibitor that is meant for alopecia and a little cleaner for our bodies. In the mean time lets treat our bodies as best as we can.

Eat right #1
Exercise #2
Take those vitamins #3

I would probably not smoke either :) 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service