I know this sounds like another website we all know about....BUT it would be cool to start our own wig help forum. Would anyone like to start posting about their favorite wigs, where they get them, name of the wig and brand, and even feel free to post pictures of the wig, or of yourself wearing the wig? I think it would be helpful to so many of us here who frequently talk about wigs, and in this way, all the information would be in one area. I think most of us could post something about a favorite wig that we have, or that we have been eyeing and wanting to buy. Then if someone already has that wig, we can swap the informaion about it online. Good idea? I am waiting to see if this idea gets received well by all.

Views: 2190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have a clue as well! I tried to buy a "Samantha" from eBay, but I lost in the last minute or seconds of the posting. Someone got it who was more experienced with eBay. I like to purchase wigs from members of wigsupport. It is sometimes a good way to get a good deal on a wig, and a lot of times they are pretty much brand new.

Alliegator, check my response to Lexi about Ebay. Hope this helps!

Lexi, a lot of the wigs I purchase on Ebay are a "buy it now" so I don't have to worry about putting in a bid; however, I do bid on some of the wigs. Since I am now retired, I have more time to check the bidder's prices wherein those who work don't have this kind of time I'm sure. I have found the best bet is to wait until the last minute to put in a bid. For example, if a wig has a bid going for 4 days wait until the last day to put that bid in. This keeps the price of the wig down in my opinion. Hope this helps!

Hi Ladies

I have a feeling this is just for those that love their synthetics. :) Even so, I'm going to say my favourite wig is the latest Freedom Wig my daughter has. It's 10 inches, beautiful soft mid brown, light curl, side sweep fringe...and cute.

I haven't got a piccie of her in it yet but when I do I'll post it.

Hope it's ok for me to be here. If not let me know and I'll take off. :)

Have fun guys and pop some piccies up as they are always great to see.

Rosy

I like the easy care of synthetics. And the style is permanent. But I hate the way they itch my skin. I often wonder if someone else's human hair would also be itchy, as it is not my real hair. I like the price of synthetics. A really nice HH is a real investment. And if I don't like it, I am out the $$. So hard to find the right color in either synthetic or HH for me. I know if I don't have the right color, I really won't like wearing it.I know everybody has there own idea of what wig they like, or what they feel looks best on them. But reading posts about what other people have purchased, gives us more ideas.

Rosy... it is for everyone! (That is my opinion). I like to hear about Freedom Wigs too.

It is a good idea Lexi, but I have found that what works for one will not work for another, and when one member posts something positive everyone takes that as gospel and runs out to buy the product only to find it won't work for them.
For example, one of my favorite wigs, the Fantasy by Gabor, I ordered for a client that I thought it would look great on. When we tried it on her she looked like a pin head because of her skull shape. On me it looks great because I have a much broader skull at the temples.

Aimee....Yipes. I wore one of my wigs to the mall for 3 short hours. I was driving home with a headache. I never get headaches. I don't know if it was just from wearing the wig, but I thing moreso the wig liner. The elastic around my head, and I was wearing my glasses...to add to the discomfort level. I couldn't wait, as always, to get home and take it off my head. Now the perfect wig, regardless of what it looks like, what color it is, HH or sythetic, cost....it would be comfortable for all day wearing. That is one hesitantcy (I know I butchered that spelling!) in wearing one to work for 8+ hrs. every day.

My Favorite wig is made by Gabor called Premium. Dittoschi shows it on Youtube. Bought it in the color GL8-29. My second favorite wig is the Tori wig by Rene of Paris. I have two Tori wigs. One is the chocolate Frost color Dittoschi shows and the 2nd is in Toasted Brown. My favorite long wig is Brandi by Amore in color Medium-brown. The only problem is after I wore it a few times it tangled bad. I took it to the beauty salon and had 2 1/2 inches cut off plus layers added around my face. Looks and feels better after getting it cut.

The favorite wig I have is a Raquel Welch called Spicy. Discontinued now.

http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=4232&ad=781609... Is my new favorite. I don't know how to post the picture.

We buy custom wigs for my daughter at QDbeauty right now. This is my favorite chinese site at the moment but that could change with the next order. I have found consistency to be a problem with other sites but so far we have ordered twice from them and have been happy. The all lace that she tapes on works best for her college lifestyle right now.

I have tried a few, I've had alopecia for 8years now I have a freedom wig now and wouldn't go to anything else unless it could compete with the comfort, real hair and security. When it was time to buy a new one I researched and researched all the other types, but could not find anything that compared. Are there any other prosthetic pieces other than the gripper which is double the price that anyone knows about? I cannot go back to elastic around my head or that god awful itch of the cheap wigs. Just wondering if there were any other options?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service