Hello Fellow Alopecians!  There is so much info on ordering wigs, however not as much information about the condition of these wigs a few months or a year after they're ordered.  I've had cheap indian remy wigs last me two to three years, and some more expensive European hair wigs last less than a year.  I'm so curious to know how others' wigs are holding up at the one year mark ... would love to see photos and review of one year old wigs!  And please share name of manufacturer, where you ordered, and approx. price point. 

Views: 16391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a sales manager in QD Woman Wig Co. Ltd in China. We make human hair products such as full lace wigs, lace fronts, hair wefts, hair extensions etc. We use the best quality young people hair and no shedding no tangles. They give you luxury feeling. It is your best choice. I try my best to give you the best service and products, my friend.

Web: www.womanwig.com
Email: womanwig@yahoo.com

Hi Andrea,

I bought my featherlite from Isadore last year. I have to say i am more than disappointed. When i first received the piece to inspect that hair quality i was very exited to see the final product. However, it is very annoying to wear as the hair in the front keep falling directly in my face and it's so thick in the front that it gives away that "wiggy" look. I've asked her to fix it yet no response. Which is another reason i have been more than displeased with this whole experience. She does not respond to emails which i read in other posts but didn't want to believe. But now i've learned the hard way after spending nearly 5K on a wig that i cannot wear. Before i purchased the wig she was great with replies but since i gave the money i must have emailed over 20x and no response. She also doesn't answer the phone on her website. I don't know how someone can do this to their clients.

amya, so sorry to hear your experience with Featherlite was not to your liking. I agree that too much hair, or too thick, makes for a wiggy look. All may not be lost though, as you can take it to a stylist who has experience with wig cutting and have them take out 1/2 the hair AT THE ROOTS. Or less, or more. I have two FREEDOM pieces and sad to say my second piece had WAY TOO MUCH HAIR (even though I asked for density of "LIGHT OVERALL")     My first piece was light overall and looks very natural. So to have a second piece that looks like I grew a second set of hairs all over my head was very maddening. But since it is great hair, and so expensive, I found a lady who knew how to cut or thin the hair AT THE ROOT line. The first hair stylist I went to for thinning did it like people with growth hair. she took away volume and I lost some of the long hair I liked in front. She did not understand I just wanted LESS hair overall. so we learn the hard way... but for your piece, you can get that thinned so it's light and not so wiggy looking. I'm really bummed to hear anyone in this business (Isadore) is terrible with follow up and is not returning your calls.  So sorry... but don't give up on it yet, okay?

I wear a Gemtress Venezia, cost me about $1500. Great cap, best I've had (I have AU so there is absolutely nothing to clip to). Hair started tangling about 10 months into wearing it. That's a lot of money for a one year wig ... not sure if I'd do it again. So I am looking for options. I need a great cap, however if I only get one year out of it then I would rather pay less. Here are two relatively new ones that hit the market in the last few months. Please let me know if you've tried these!
1) Fortune Silicone Traction, using remy hair
2) Jon Renau Evolution

Andrea, I've had my Gemtress ONYX for several months now. No tangling issues yet, but I am using the gel product every time I wash it... after shampoo and conditioner I put in this stuff at the base or roots of the hair, called awapuhi styling treatment oil, wild ginger, by Paul Mitchell. I think it keeps the hair returns soft, flat, smooth so they don't cause tangling. These Gemtress pieces have so much hair on the base, because for every long hair, there is a short hair "return." Still, it is very cool and fits like a dream. I always wear my hair pulled back with this piece, as the hair does not move like unprocessed hair.For a short style, it would be great. Still searching for THEE perfect piece like we talked about before.  My hubby and I went on a river boat cruise... summer weather. HOT outside and WINDY. My piece did GREAT! I looked windblown, just like everyone else. I will attempt to attach a photo.

Hi Rose, thank you for your comment and photo. Your hair looks awesome! Can you tell me more about the short hair 'return' thing? Do you mean that for every hair that is tied into the cap is looped through and returned to the outside of the cap? That would explain why matting occurs in the first inch or so from the base of the hair. It drives me nuts. The rest of the hair is fine, but the root area where the hair attaches to the cap is brutal. Not sure what to do about it ...

sorry... did not see your question until now. regarding the short hair return thing... Yes, you described it well "for every hair that is tied into the cap is looped through and returned to the outside of the cap"

it makes it thick, but so far, no matting. and here we go again...  why does yours mat in the first inch or two and mine does not?  but then why does your hair have movement and mine does not?

so much inconsistency! no wonder we are all so frustrated!

Hi Rose
Vanessa, what is the cap of the Shevy like? Would you be able to post a photo? Would love to see ...

For those of you interested in the Gemtress Venezia piece, Lori's site is running a 20% special till January 25th.  Normally $1699 on Lori's site (other salons sell it for the $2500 mark), with an additional 20% discount for the next few days.  Please note that I am in no way associated with this shop, I am not a seller and I don't benefit from sales.  As mentioned in my posts, I love the cap and the hair is beautiful.  However I would say plan to use for a year only, as it starts matting at the 12-14 month mark.  Here is the link if interested in the special comfort http://www.wigsite.com/product-p/ivenicevenezia.htm use code annual2015  when checking out.

Here is my piece at the 8 month mark.

I am new to this, so I'm not even sure if I am posting in the right place......apologies if I'm not.
After four years of searching for the "perfect wig" and spending a lot of $$$$ on Human hair wigs (Chinese/indian mix), I finally took the plunge and spent nearly $5,000 on a Follea Gripper. I love the cap, but after only six weeks (yes - six weeks!!!!, it was tangling,and became totally dried out from combing out all the tangles. I had dried split ends - yikes!!! I bought the wig from Peggy Knight who was less than helpful throughout the process, but I had convinced myself that I really wanted the product,so I pressed on,despite her.
I received the Gripper, had all the problems with it, & finally called the company. They were great to work with, & I sent the wig back to their Beverly Hills salon,(as instructed by them), where I then worked with a Follea stylist there. All was done by email and phone. They could never say what had caused the problem, (substandard hair??) , but they replaced it with a second Gripper. It had always been shampooed & styled by my stylist using high end products,and tools at very low heat. It was always well cared for during those six short weeks.
I am now going to be away for a month,in January and need another "good wig" for the trip. I can't wear my "backup" - now ratty Jon Renau Gwyneth. I don't want to risk buying another Follea until I see how the replacement turns out. It feels great now, but I've only worn it 6 days, & yes, some trace of drying at ends, & some tangling.
I had read great things about Follea until now. Do they last at all? Has anyone experienced similar tangling and/or dryness issues with them? After a year? After 6 months? Six weeks? I am beginning to wonder if all the rave reviews are from buyers who have just received their Follea.....
I am considering a Revolution cap by Jon Renau (Spirit)at about $1500 on sale. Does anyone have experience with their "grip"? These are not European hair, but figured it may be a good solution for a secure fit at a lower price. I have worn House of European Hair and loved their hair. These are truly virgin European hair, but their cap choices are very limited. They offer only one with silicone (similar to Gripper), and it is not a lace front,and is $5,000 also.
I love European hair, but can anyone really put it with a cap that grips?? I don't think Follea has. Their "slightly processed" European hair seems to last about as well as other processed
Remy hair. Help!!!
BTW, I would pay that kind of money again ($5,000), but only if it lasts at least a year!! My experience with my first Follea was truly outrageous!! Why do wig wearers think they are so great??? I really hope the replacement is better, but I am starting to have my doubts,especially after reading some of your comments.

Oh I feel your pain ... so frustrating looking for that elusive 'perfect' wig.  After much going back and forth, trying a variety of other wigs (ranging from $500 to $3500), I'm back to the Gemtress product shown above.  In the end, based on my experience, it is the best one for the money.  It won't last more than a year or so, but still better quality than all the other ones I tried and still mid-priced at the $1700 mark.  I got it on Lori's wigsite ... note they're running a 30% sale today only.  If you want to jump on it it's the time to do so.  I bought the European hair one, called Impressions Venezia.

Hope this helps. :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service