Hello Fellow Alopecians!  There is so much info on ordering wigs, however not as much information about the condition of these wigs a few months or a year after they're ordered.  I've had cheap indian remy wigs last me two to three years, and some more expensive European hair wigs last less than a year.  I'm so curious to know how others' wigs are holding up at the one year mark ... would love to see photos and review of one year old wigs!  And please share name of manufacturer, where you ordered, and approx. price point. 

Views: 16391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Andrea

I think if you just ask each individual dealer, manufacturer you should get a truthful answer.  I'm always that those that help people with wigs are being honest and forthright. So, just ask outright and see what answer you get. (You will be able to see if people try and blind you with jargon...if you don't understand ask for more clarification). 

One of the things to be aware of is the cap and what that means to unprocessed virgin human hair. Sometimes a little processing goes on around the root area because of the return hair with certain cap types (lace and conventional etc). This sometimes has an impact on the look and feel at root level and will sometimes effect longevity.  Just ask the questions like...Do you have to process the hair at root level so the return hair doesn't tangle?  What impact does that have on the hair?  You may be able to pass on the results of your investigations to help others.

Rosy 

Hi Andrea,

You may want to to take a look at the Follea Lifestyle-2.

This piece has a features, amazing Priemuim European Hair. 100% curticle correct to avoid tangleing. and has a french top.

Beautiful hair!

Carmen West

What is a Gripper?

What's a Gripper on YouTube  http://youtu.be/qNv5RXoIgiU

Carmen West

Carmen... please clarify.  are you saying that Follea Lifestyle-2 is made of UNPROCESSED VIRGIN "premium European hair"  ???  My understanding of Follea wigs is that the hair IS processed hair. yes? please be clear.. precise.. accurate. THANKS for the input.

Follea uses processed European hair.  It may be "premium" but it is colored. The blondes tend to get dry so maybe people with darker hair have better luck. I own a Follea Lifestyle 2 and have had problems with inversion in the cap.  Follea does not double knot each strand of hair (Probably to save $) but wig is very natural looking.

Freedom was never an option for me as I have no interest in shaving bio hair.

I do own a Virgin Hair wig handmade by a wig maker that I wear most days as it is so light. The hair will go before the cap.

Rose, how did you arrange to have Gemtress get your mold etc?

That sounds very promising to me as I am always looking to have back ups etc

Glowgirl:  I am working with a hair stylist who is a rep for OnRite. I've met with her at the salon, and she submitted my order with my FREEDOM fit cap, color sample, and all other details I asked for. I am the one who suggested sending in my fit cap.. She said "great idea!" and included it with the order. I get the fit cap back. Hopefully I will be glad I did this!

Now I have a question for you: WHERE did you get a virgin hair handmade wig? Who is the wig maker? I love the sound of "it is so light" ---- that's what I'm going for this time around. I own three FREEDOM pieces. NOW, I need a light and airy piece. Please ... do tell!!!

A wig maker hand ventilated a wig for me Rose. We picked all the hair. She worked in the movie business but has now retired. They mostly use virgin only in films so there is no fading day to day filming.  My cap is hand made and is basically lace doubled and lined with silk. There are other wig makers that I know of in the US, so PM me if you would like further info. I am always looking for less expensive options as well.

I would love some more information too.  Thank you!

glowgirl...I'm not smart enough to know how to PM you on this site.. but would REALLY like to know of other wig makers in the US, to get something like you have: Hand made cap, Hand picked hair (virgin hair). SOUNDS LIKE JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. How do I contact you??

Hi Rose,
Follea has Hand Select hair which is the best of the best hair, as well as premium hair that is not processed. As you well
know even Freedom does process their blonde hair to match the color ring, like most all companies.
Carmen West

NO Carmen, you have that wrong.  Freedom don't process any hair in a Freedom Wig.  Those that wear Freedom Wigs may sometimes process their hair during styling but that is a choice they make...when they order and receive a Freedom Wig they are ordering totally unprocessed virgin human hair...even in blonde.  Our blonde's never look like coloured hair...unless the wearer decides to colour it during styling. Freedoms hair is unprocessed so therefore wearers can feel comfortable in understanding that they will get expected results if they decide to colour their hair.  That is the beauty of unprocessed virgin human hair.  Your information is wrong about Freedom you might like to remove it. 

This is Jody (you know her) wearing her freedom wig...you can see she has put some highlights in her hair....but when she received this hair it was 100% unprocessed virgin human hair...:)

I'm a bit concerned that you may be mixing posts up here.  Glowgirl is a Follea wearer when she put her information up I felt she knew her information.  I didn't ask the questions Carmen.  There is me Rose Marie', a lady called Rose as well who is not me.  Are you getting confused?

Rosy

Rose.
I sold Freedom pieces for years, some blondes shades are colored.
Carmen

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service