one for the men here, sorry ladies. Ive had AA for 18 months and it has taken 60% of my beard very slowly. I have white hair in nearly all of the bare spots (which is really one large one now).

I have also acquired a spot in my hair recently.

I was just wondering of any of the men have had this white regrowth in their beard and what happened ?

Seems my alopecia spreads very very slowly..... anyone else had this ?

Thanks

Mark

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started with a spot missing in my beard in May of 2001 then it progressed to my head and got so bad I had to shave my head by Aug. I went through cortisone shots in my head and mustache and progressed to squaric acid treatments on my head. Since I was over 40 at the time, the dr. said it could grow back within a year.

It did grow back almost a year to the date. The black hairs seemed to fall out first and when it grew back, especially the beard, it came in all grey and white. I haven't had any problems for 6 years until it started falling out on my head again this summer. So far the beard is not affected this time. It doesn't seem to be progressing as fast this time.

You never know with this disease- it seems to have a mind of it's own.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service