As I seem to loose hair all over my body since 4 weeks, I still have some, but not much, I was wondering if universalis patients can use these therapies as well?

1) Cortizone Shots
I am also loosing hair close to my penis. They hell ain't gonna shoot in that thing. I'd rather loose all my hair than that sweet think.

2) Topical Immunotherapy
That make me allergic, sure no problem, but all over my body?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I have read for people like us with AU treatments are much less sucessful.
I agree with you with no shots are my winkie. LOL

Jeff
First of all, great website and you guys seem to know more about AA/AU than my own dermatologist. He told me there were no therapies.

If you loose hair all over your body, you have AU and your chances have drasticly lowered to regain hair in the future?

Are both of these treatments always permanently? I've heard stories about hair growing back and often falling out in a few weeks/months(?) after.
Yes this is a great site with great members.
Anything is possible with Alopecia.
General Rule: The only thing predictable about alopecia is its unpredictability
Grrrrr

Jeff
I am going to see my dermatologist (hopefully tomorrow) about this. I will give a call to the hospital tomorrow and hope I can speak to my dermatologist the same day about these treatments.

I have also heard about ULV (something like that) treatment, but haven't heard much of it and it's results.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service