hello- My derm has prescribed Aldara for the second time- I did not use it the first time and am still hesitating on using it now. Its original use is for treating genital warts and its side effects seem a bit harsh.

I would go through the yucky side effects on my scalp if Aldara acutally worked and didnt need to be used forever to keep any regrowth. I would love to hear any input from my fellow alopecians... thanks friends, Paula

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paula,

I had a stubborn plantar wart that failed to respond to any natural or allopathic treatment. I picked up Aldara and after two months of applying a thin layer every other day- the darn thing cleared up! I thought there would be itching and side effects but there were none. I had not thought about using it on my scalp but it could be worth a try. I think because the skin on the scalp (or foot) is not nealy as sensitive as the skin on the genitals- the side effects if any would be mild.
Good luck!
i was just prescribed aldara for Aloplcia Areata today. and it sound scary to me too. did you have any luck?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service