As if I wern't allready in the minority being gay.
Now alopecia too? What are the odds of that?

I have lived in San Francisco for nearly 20 years and have been "out" since I was a teenager. Being gay is not a big deal especially living in an accepting society. (Where I live anyway)

I have only been an Alopecian for just over a year so I am still ajusting to this new chapter of my life.

Sometimes I notice people looking at me but they did before the Alopecia too. I think if they look they must like it.

Really I enjoy being both at the end of the day.

Diversity at its best.

I would write more but I really have to get ready for bed.

Cheers
Jeff

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're welcome Angela,

I enjoyed our chat tonight.

Thanks for your Inspiration

Jeff
Jeff~you are awesome.. And I can't wait to come visit you guys next month.. Whoo Hoo!!!
Hi Zoey,

When are you visiting SF?
Are you attending the Alopecia Metting?
Details Details

Jeff
Yes, I am planning on coming out for the meeting :o)

Roger gave me the info.. I cant wait!! I have never been to any meeting or met anyone with alopecia.. Its going to be great! I am looking forward to it
OMG,

This will be my first SF Meeting.
I attended the NAAF Conf this year in KY and helped me realize this Alopecia thing is real. I am just a one year veteran lol
Was it denial? Was I in shock? Both for sure.
This will be way Fab for you.

Jeff
Jeff, happy for you for being so comfortable in who you are. Confidence is something we can all use...
Hi Tony,

I am very comfortable walking in my shoes.
It hasn't always been easy but what is?
Jeff you are always getting ready for bed...wake UP! LOL, Anyway, try being a confident African American Woman with a Bald Head, LOL! I'm on a committee at work for diversity, they just added Gay and Lesbian as a target group for recruitment. I think it is wonderful, now let me see if I can get them to add Alopecians...
There is no such thing as natural beauty....Hence my Beauty Rest. LOL

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service