i was wondering has anyone ever thought this could almost be like a severe case of clogged pores on your head, or body? Like how a newborn baby gets craddle cap, has anyone ever tried like scraping their head see if your skin kind of comes off or a build up of anything like craddle cap does? cause when im washing my sons head it wrinkles but it doesnt wrinkle like an old man wrinkle it wrinkles like when you have superglue on your hand and your are trying to get it off look. please let me know

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't speak for anyone else but I think we all considered just about every possibility there is,for myself,personally I always had really bad dandruff when my alopecia made me lose hair and now even as I am bald have horrible dandruff on my head and always thought that maybe the 2 had something to do with each other.Nothing I do makes the dandruff go away.The only problem with my theory is alopecia affects the hair on my body to but I have really soft skin so I don't know.
i need to find him a new doctor, this one is just horrible, he dont really know anything i asked what i should do or try and he just told me to keep shaving it, well the more and more i shaved it the more and more he lost it ! When he turned one his peditrican stuck him on a constipation medicine because of going on real milk, well once i started that he started to get about the size of a 50 cent peice scally sores on his head, i was freaking out and it took his hair well one week he got sick with his first cold so i took him off it and his sores disappeared and i told the doctors about it and they told me that it was just a concidence so he told me i had to have him on it. So i put him back on cause doctors "know " what they are talking about. So the sores came back and after a month of this i was keeping him on the same diet i was getting furious cause I KNEW in my heart that medicine was doing this to him so i took it off they called me liars BUT my son never got another sore! So that was in january and by april he had a full head of hair again well in july he fell off his toybox and his small tv was sitting on it too and he pulled it down withhim and caught the top right in the middle of his head. 2 weeks later he lost hair there and then it just started leaving in patches all over his head from then on, the doctors told me it was my fault because i was pregnant and it was taking attention off of him and that was making him stress, but my son did not show ANY signs of stress he was and still is a spoiled little boy and its the most carefree ramboxous kid you would ever meet. So after it started going in patches thats when they told me to shave it so it wouldnt look blotchy and then by his birthday in november none comes back! Thanks i will look that up and get him to the doctor
Exactly, he was on the generic brand of miralax, when he was 5 months old he was allergic to corn so certain formulas we couldnt use because of the corn. We took him to the allergist and he was just as big of an ass and every doctor here in utah, he looked at trestin and because of his exzema he had impetigo from itching it so much, he actually itched it so bad that he had a sore under his left ear and he still gets it very easy but it was so bad it was down half way of his jaw line and they told me oh its just exzema just apply hydrocortizone on it so i did and now that i think about it thats the same time he lost all of his hair! but i called my mom crying cause no doctor would take me serious and my mom works in the medical field and my son "trestin" is the first grandchild and my 2 kids are her everything especially trestin so she came over and swabbed it , do you know what it came back for STAPH! i flipped out cause it was so close to his brain that i was panicking so we took him to after hours at his doctors so he would be seen by a different one they told me it was just exzema too and my mom went with me and chewed them out saying they needed to take a swab cause she did and its not just exzema so he got put on a really high dose of antibotics and 4 weeks later he had a full head a hair, thats why i think my son has a bacterial infection in his body doing this to him but i cant get ONE doctor to do a blood test on him no doctor will, I even went up to primary childrens the top pediatric dermatologist here in utah the top hospital and they just looked at him told me its alopecia and nothing i can do and guided me out the door! Sorry sidetracked but i took him to the allergist and he is allergic to cats dogs from their test they did the like 16 or 20 panel one and they really didnt tell me much what they were testing him for cause i took him there wanting him to be tested for apples blueberries mainly and animals.
There is something to do with apples and blueberries for my son that just puts his whole body in exzema head to toe his throat dont swell or anything he just gets bad exzema and that includes real, artifical, laundry soap with that scent, fruit punch with just a hint of apple , everything to do with those two fruits his body breakouts and they didnt even care.

Im so fed up with the doctors here they are all pigheaded and like you said im a young mom so i just look like im overprotective and dont know what im doing, but sorry docs i was raised around the medical field im used to go in to work with my momall the time my sister is going to be going to school for her doctor she already did nursing so im not dumb and i hate because im only 22 years old that im so little "oh my gosh like really" ditzy young mom and im not, and i hate being treated like im stupid cause im not im very educated and when my sister told me about alopecia she said it three months before any doctor did and so i did all the research i could on it i did everything because this is my son and his health is everything..

But i was going to ask you a question and if it seems rude then tell me you dont feel like answering but with having alopecia is your head always warm/hot? Cause my sons head always feels like he has a fever ... always and we take his temp and he is so healthy but it always feels like that and i have never thought of it being weird until another adult touches his head and will take their kid away from him cause they think he is sick . but he never is my son will be 3 in november and has probably 3 colds his whole never had the flu and gets a sinus infection when spring hits and fall because of allergies but i can just give him allergy medicine for 3 or 4 days and he is good.

Im so sorry your granddaughter is going through that all , i know what worked for my son is i have him the pear juice but my son lived off of mineral oil and popcorn, grapes, raisins, refried beans and then we also did the benefiber oh im my gosh soon as we started that it made it so much better for him but for like 1 full year from 13 months to 2 years old, (thats not all he ate i feed him lol ) but that was the best things we found for his constipation and then what the funniest part about it being was at 2 i decided to start to potty train him and he caught on fast he was fully potty trained in 4 months but was that soon as i did that the constipation disappeared and our new peditrian told us that it could of been just that he didnt want to feel it in a diaper so he just tried to hold it in lol he is a weirdo. and for his itching i use stuff in his bath i dont know if they have a company there but they do here its for novelty sex items but my cousin was a seller and when she became one they told her a bunch of little secrets like there is this stuff called couchy for shaving bikini line but its better for guys to use on their face cause they wont get ingrown hairs or razor burn and then the anal eaze and i swear by this stuff with having a 10 month old its awesome for teething cause it numbs their gums and lasts and there is one called body mist which is a oily body spray to put on after you get out of the bath and they said to pour it in his bath and oh my gosh his itching went down so much i jsut dont let him put his head in it. I know i probaby sound crazy but i swear by these things and i just order that stuff so its great. but im thinking of taking him to another allergist and having them do a bigger panel on him to go in deeper and find out stuff cause im sure its alopecia but i think that my son has a infection of some sort in his body and thats why he dont have alot of hair cause everytime he gets on ahigh dose of antibotic his hair grows and more comes out visibly so it doesnt quite make sense to me plus he dont have the divits in his nails and thats what through all the doctors off so much cause he didnt have that, so i feel these doctors are wrong in my gut and i want a blood test done to show me that im right or wrong !
Oh its totally fine lol. yea for awhile we thought that sore under my sons ear was due to a latex allergy cause my husband has a latex memory pillow and at the time my son was sleeping in our bed with us, my ob is allergic to latex and he was telling a story how a lady started to deliver her baby faster than the nurse had anticipated and so he had to literally throw on all the sterile gown, and mask and the nurse put latex gloves on him and he was so wrapped up in the patient trying to get her to hold the baby in that he didnt notice and he said he started to swell and his throat was closing up so a nurse had to run and get his medicine out of his bag and he ended up not being able to deliver her a on call doctor at the hospital had to come in and deliver her ! thats so scary you have to deal with that with her i would be scarred to death to send her to school if she was mine but im scarred to send trestin to school over the apple allergy and his is no where near as bad!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service