I just found out i had it after being curious about my thinning hair and bald patches. People would ask me if i was going bald & i was completely clueless to what was going on with my hair until i went to the dermatologist. They did a biopsy and the results came in that i had alopecia. The doctor didn't explain it to me at all, she said she didn't know much about it! Am i going to go completely bald? I wear a wig sometimes but i really don't think i need to. My hair is in bad shape, too. It's like straw, is that because my roots are dead?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Manda

Alopecia areata is a totally unpredictable condition. Nobody can really tell you what is going to happen with your hair. But I will say you have a much higher chance of your hair growing back than of going on to have the more extreme types of hairloss.

The condition of your hair could be down to alopecia but I'm not 100% sure. When my daughter started to loose her hair I did notice it was a little dry and unhealthy. But that doesn't mean you are going to lose your hair. OK :)

Take care

Rosy
Oh okay (: thank you for the reply. My doctor didn't know much about it so i'll probably go to a different doctor. What is the difference between scarring and non-scarring?
hello
i been with alopecia for 2 years now it started with patches i went to many doctors
and dermatologist they said it was stress but am only 22 i dont think i have stress
no one in my family has it so the first year was very tuff i did'nt come out of my room
i look in internet for info it said it can grow back on its own but it has not happen i try
many things rogain,injection on scalp,vitamins, shampoos,but nothing has work wish you the best try to enjoy life i know is hard because we can do everything we will like to do i wear a wig so in windy days i be scare that it might fall out in hot days it gets very hot so belive me been like this has change my life.
hello...
i am sorry, but i have to tell you, all, that, so far,
i felt too-nervous or insecure when i thought or
wondered, what-else would happen with my hair..
my doctor tried to calm me down, i think, when telling
me, my hair would, soon?, stop dropping-off..
not even he would tell me, for sure, is it "female pattern baldness"
that i have?
oh-dear, more problems, more problems.. feeling so bad..

sylvia

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service