Has anyone heard of or used probiotics to regrow their hair? I have had some major GI issues going on and my dr. prescribed probiotics. When I started researching probiotics online, I came across some info. that said it helps regulate the immune system and I found it ironic.

Views: 1016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probiotics are wonderful when regulating GI issues. They are basically the 'good bacteria' that your body needs. Probiotics put this 'good bacteria' back which takes up space so that 'bad bacteria' can't live there. So, as far as digestive and GI issues, this is wonderful. When it comes to hair regrowth, this wouldn't really have any effect. Probiotics go through your digestive tract, so they are localized. When you swallow them, whatever bacteria makes it through your stomach, can then live in your GI tract. So, unless you rub probiotics on your head, they are never going to make it there :) And, in that case, you will just have 'good digestive bacteria' on your head...not hair :) But I do know that probiotics will help to regulate your GI tract...you will feel a million times better. Hope that helps.
Yes, I know that probiotics are to regulate your GI system. But I was thinking that since 70% of our immune system is in our GI system, if we get it healthy, it may then in turn cause our hair to regrow? I was thinking about it more holistically. I think there may be a small chance that bad bacteria in my GI could have triggered the hair loss in the first place. For me, my GI issues started around the same time my alopecia did. But if anything, I know it will help my GI things going on ;). Thank you though for responding. I may just give it a try and see what happens.

Yes I think you are on to something there. More and more evidence are coming out that proves most inflammations etc are due to a disturbance in the tarm flora. And indications also towards auto immune problems (do not like calling it a disorder).

Check out a book by Michael Mosley called the Clever gut diet and also a newly translated to English book called Food Pharmacy.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service