as some of you had already read, I am trying everything in my hands to recover, It may be tooo soon to say it is working my my brother is the one that actually does it all for me when supporting a treatment, I am trying different things so I am not able to say what is kinda working. I went to my derm and he applyed glicolic acid all over my head, that cause an irritation all over the scalp, pretty much like a sunburn...
I have always been an adept of medice since I studies biotechnology for 3 years, so for me everything has to have a scientific reason, althogh I am turning to other types of alternative medicine.. but also i try to look for proven resolts or at least some cientific studies .. if you know what I mean..

Then I am also trying a chinease remedy that uses esencial oils to massage your scalp, those include:
2 drops thymus vulgaris (88-mg)
3 drops lavandula angustifolia (108-mg)
3 drops rosmarinus officinalis (114-mg)
2 drops cedrus atlantica (94-mg)
and used the carrier oils:jojoba oil 3-ml

that means that EVERYDAY I massage my scap with it, I am trying this because I found out this information:

"In 1998 double-blind study published in the Archives of Dermatology (Hay 1998) found that 44 percent of participants who massaged their scalps with a mixture of essential oils daily for seven months showed growth in bald patches. There are several different "chemotypes" for the essential oils used in the original study. Specific recommendations include:
For rosemary : Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineole
For thyme: " sweet thyme " such as Thymus vulgaris CT thujanol or linalol or geraniol or terpineol (but never " red thyme " such as Thymus vulgaris CT thymol which is pretty caustic for the skin)
For cedarwood: Cedrus atlantica (which is not Texas cedarwood. Under this generic name, Juniperus species are safe, but never use Thuya species).In the published study 86 volunteers with alopecia areata massaged oils into the scalp each evening for a minimum of 2 minutes; followed with warm towel wrap to aid absorption of oils for about an hour. Half of them received the complete tonic and half of them received the carrier oils alone as a control.
The results were that 19 (44%) of 43 patients in the active group showed improvement compared with 6 (15%) of patients in the control group (P = .008). An alopecia scale was applied by blinded observers on sequential photographs and was shown to be reproducible with good interobserver agreement.
The investigators concluded that the results showed aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia areata. Treatment with the essential oils was significantly more effective than treatment with the carrier oil alone"

Ok so This explains why the hassle of doing this.. aside that I am taking pills that are:
* Vitamin E
* Biotin
*Omega 3,6,9 (Flax Oil)
* Liv.52 (from Himalaya)

and aside that homeopathy, I went to a Doctor that treated my when I was a Child and helped me a lot with my eccema, he gave me LYCOPODIUM 12 (sl) 5 globule 3 times a day.

So the news is, I dont see that much falling hair when I shower, plus my brother has noticed some small regrowth in one of the parthed at the very edge of it..
As I am telling you maybe it is too soon to say it is working, but I wanted to let you all know what I am doing, as some of you already know I am in the stage of "falling" that means my hair is falling like crazy.. I am close to blad, lets say I have lost 80% of my hair.
So if anybody whats to try any of the things that I am doing please let me know, I want to keep track of it and if it works for me, I will be letting you known.. actually I will let you guys know how it goes every 2 or 4 weeks. Keep the prayers for those who believe.

Love to All Gracie

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too am in the "falling out" stage. Don't you just hate that stage? It is the constant swiffering of the bathroom floor that gets to me the most. My hairloss hasn't been super fast. It started in April some time and I have two bald spots which are getting progressively bigger...one on the left side of my head at the back which is spreading across to the right side now and one on the right side of my head at the side....I don't seem to be seeing quite as much hair on the floor now (yeah) nor that much in the shower but the bald spots are getting bigger regardless....sigh.... Still waiting to get into derm which is Dec (8 months after discovery of first bald spot).....

Tell me what is the irritant put on your head like? Did you ever have the option of the shots? I was toying with the idea of the shots but then I thought by December the areas will be too large and the idea of "bee stings" in the head sounds horrid. I was almost going to go in and say "see ya thanx for nothing after all of this time" but if this irritant stuff isn't too bad I may give that a shot......

Anyways great attitude you have going for it. Keep us posted because if it works for you I sure would give it a shot!
Hello Lori, well to respond to your questions, Yes I had been trying the shots for the last 6 years, it seemed to me they kinda hold the falling a bit, I also went though cortisone (pills).. and other things like Atarax.., but this last year I came up with the clever idea of trying not to go to the derm for 5 months.. and in those 5 months without treatment I lost pretty much the 80% of my hair..
I wonder why girls suffer the shots so much... It was never such a big deal for me.. once my doctor told me it has to be the right needle other wise it will be also very painful,, and he also mix the liquid with anestesia.. that was you pretty much just feel the "pinch" but it it very standable.. he also gave me a tip.. when he is going to introduce the needle on the scalp you need to breathe... like Yoga lets say.. you have to inhale.. and well I never had the bee stings.. so check that out... it could be that he is doing something wrong...
The irritant was chosen by the doctor cause it is way to much scap to try the shots, aside cortisone was freaking me out...

I had to make up an excuse why I did not show up in 5 months and came back almost bald.. but he took it nicely.. he advised me yoga.. a good diet and if I cosidered it, a Psicologist.. I have not gone there yet cause I have to pay that from my pocket and Its been to many things all at once.
You can ask your dem about using Glicolic acid, it is supposed to irritate your skin and that will make the same cells that are making your hair fall to ACTUALLY WORK AND DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO"..HEAL not destroy hahahaha..... and the irritation is not that bad to be honest, it is like a sunburn.. or a peeling... a bit of redness and peel off skin.. nothing to serious, and after 2- 3 days it kida come back to normal.

Thanks for your coment.. I actually got a bit concerned about how many people just gave up on treatment.. I mean I do believe You have to acept you have a problem and also you need to learn how to live with it... but not give up.. That in my particular case will never happen...
Dear, As I said I will keep you informed if the acid worked or not, though it has been a month only I have some small regrowth on the edges of the last patches that felt out, but you can pretty much see the trons of hair coming in at the edge.. so Off cuourse I am happy.. My hair is not fallin as much in the shower as well, but still can improve.
I will consider using it as many times as needed.
Let me Know how is your case going.. XXOO
Hey Lori I guess it has been already over a Month since I started with all these treatments and aside that I got another one all the way down from India, This last one seems to be working a bit!, My scap looks like when you peel off a hen, all the pores ... and I have regrowth on the edges of the patches, the hair I am loosing on the shawer is not as Dissturbing as It was!!.. I still have some hair lost on the shower but NOTHING compared to how I was a month ago!..

If you are intersted You can see the other discussion at:
http://www.alopeciaworld.net/forum/topics/new-hope-for-me-and-happy...

See ya, :-)
Lovely to read that you havent given up hope, hopefully your treatment is working in Europe they call it dcp treatment and it is approved spoke to a guy who was universilas for ten years and he had the treatment once a month and now has all of his hair. Apparently it has a forty per cent success rate. Good luck
Hi Grace, its nice to read your post about not giving up. My girflriend was just diagnosed with AA (she is 26). I just noticed a bald spot behind her ear about 4 months ago and it was the size of a half dollar. We went to see a dermatologist right away and he took a skin sample, confirmed it was AA, then did the injections. The only problem is that now the bald spot is about 4 inches long and 2 inches wide but still behind the hair line so she doesnt need a wig. This is very traumatic for her and she is also going through depression. I'm basically trying to find anything that will work to bring her hair back, I keep reading about people going from AA to AT and it has me worried for her since she's not taking everything so well. Please keep us all updated and good luck with everything.

-Brian
Hello brian I am very sorry I got to this message until now, I dont know why my mailbox was sending everything to the unwanted mail file!
Any way, how is your girlfriend doing by now?
I have to say that unfortunaly depression is very common cause for us (girls) hair is part of being sexy, attractive, etc so you can be supportive over there...
Make her keep her treatmetn please!, there are so many people who is already giving up and that really bothers me!!!, I came back today to anouce my remarcable recovery today!!, I started with a natural treatment that I brough from India, when I had all hopes done, it kida activated my scalp, and for the first month it looked like it wasnt dead anymore, I went back to the derm and he looked to my scalp with some special glasses he has I guess magnifing .. and he noticed that there was some tiny fur in some little areas, so he sent me a non so nosive cortocoid called calcort, now 3 months later my hair is coming back!
I AM SOO HAPPY you have noo idea, well all this boring and long story is just to ilustrate you that your should neeever give up, I tryed everything for the past 8 months, and my hair felt off in a matter of 4 months almost compleately, this was the worse time I ever had with AA, I have suffered it before but NEVER like it... So keep trying.. try everything and anything.. be possitive, try to transmit her all the support in the world... let her know she is beautiful and no matter what your hair does not make who you are! You make your hair look gorgeous not the other way arround :-)
Anyway feel free to contact me if you have any question

Hi Grace,
How is your condition now? Hope the treatement worked. Can you tell me the name please?

Thanks,
Grishma

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service