I had quite a bit of free time this morning and spent a good while reading blogs right here in the Big AW. So many of us seem to be having a really tough time with appearence.

So I go to have lunch with my husband Leo and his mother at the facility where she lives.
I get to thinking about alopecia and it really isnt that big of a deal compared to what some of these people are living with.
Some were old some and some were young. Some could hear and others couldn't. Some were crippled and others not. Everyone seemed pretty happy and lunch was good.

They have a Happy Hour on Friday. I plan on making an appearence and letting my hair down.

Jeff

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Jeff. I kind of vacillate between "Poor me," and "Many people have it alot worse."
I think that on a personal level hair loss is very saddening. There is perhaps more societal acceptance of male pattern baldness, as it seems quite common and does not turn many heads. There are plenty of male celebrities who are bald and shiny, and they are great role models for showing that the hair does not make the man. I don't mean to minimize the importance of hair loss for male vs female, but maybe more to say that society has not yet come to the same acceptance with female baldness. It would be alot easier for bald ladies out there if they did. As a female, experiencing hair loss, I have emptied many Kleenex boxes and shed many tears. But I agree with you that sometimes it helps to keep things in perspective. If you can help somebody and bring some joy into their lives--as in your husband's mother--you realize that life continues independent of hair.
It is right. This give us the right prospective of real life problems. But honestly I think that personally I had just too many health problems, not so deadly or life threathening but really a mix of cold showers I had since 19, that sometimes I think I've lost something of the "better days".
But anyway there're alopecian that had worst days like who had it since the youngest years.. I can't imagine having it in the various schools... both areata or universalis... considering we are a result of what we learned by those far years, what you'd be now. I am sure the human being adapts himself to any conditions but we all have also limits.

At the end I just think that we are a result of an equation that sometimes put you in a well condition , living 100 years rich, beautiful and happy, sometimes put you in one of these condition where you always had to deal with unsolvable problems, health related, money related... etc...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service