HI! I'm new to the site! You all sound so wonderful! I've lost all my head hair and wear wigs. However, not everyone in this small city is aware of my condition, even those i work with. I have told some people at work and was wonderfully surprised how mature they were about it. Still several others at work don't know. If they ask i will tell them and i won't lie about it. But for most people it doesn't even cross their mind.

My 16 year old is interested in joining the YMCA. I get frustrated because I want to join also but working out only make my wig lose and sweaty. I would have to wear something else or nothing at all. Has anyone had this dillema? How about swimming? I'm concerned about not having my wig on these times as everyone will know. Do i sound self conscious?

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I wear my scarves to work out and for swimming too!

I have seen they are making the swim cap wigs now. :o)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service