Does anyone have any suggestions for wigs or prothesis for the summer time? I was checking out this website.. about gluing a wig on... it last up to 6 months. I have never done that before.. should I be skeptical. Any advice would be helpful or suggestions would be kool too.. thanks

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I would recommend you check out the NAAF site at www.naaf.org, and go to the Marketplace. There is a company called Hats with Hair that is owned by Christine Heinen and she has hair attached to a wicking fabric that you wear under a hat. It is so comfortable. She also has a thing called a Scarfabulous that you can wear in the water. It's really cool and if you order from the NAAF site, she donates 10%. I have 2 Underhair and 2 Scarfabulous. They've saved me on trips as well. Good luck.
I live in Florida and go to the beach a lot. I have two human hair wigs which i absolutely love. One is a very nice one that is more expensive and one is a slightly less expensive one that is still nice, but not as nice. I usually wear my inexpensive human hair one to the beach in a ponytail. I go and have no probelm at the beach with it and am perfectly content, except for the fact that it gets a little hot. From what i hear vacuum wigs are great, but the support group leader here in my area used to have one, and during the hot summer months she says they can get a little uncomfortable because your head sweats and it stays in there since it's not a breathable material and it has no where to go. That's mainly why i stick to regular wigs for the beach, so while i'm hot at list my head can breath a little.
I usually use an older one and then don't worry so much about it getting old and stretching out.. a wig that i could actually swim in would be fantastic though.. not to mention one that you can highlight.. and style how you want. I think I have been paying to much for crappy synthetic wigs, and that is all I have had ever.. I can't for a for a human hair someday! haha
I wouldn't glue anything to my scalp for 6 months. Even if the adhesive is just around the perimeter, that skin needs to breathe. You really don't want 6 months worth of perspiration & scalp oil to accumulate - it will be nasty! And if the base is a solid material like ThinSkin, the odor will be disgusting.

Be sure to use a hair product containing sunscreen to minimize the amount of fading the sun causes.

Some people wear a synthetic hair system when they know they will be out in the sun for extended periods of time (synthetic hair won't fade) and switch back to a human hair wig the rest of the time.
I have a freedom wig too and its fantastic. Great to be able to swim at the beach with waves and not worry about it coming off. http://freedomwigs.com/ is the website and it will direct you to a representative near you.
I am looking into something called cyberhair that is supposed to be great for summer and the beach. I have not been able to find out much, maybe someone on here can offer some input for us.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service