Hi, does anyone take or know anyone who is currently taking PUVA treatments because it has worked for me in the past, but I can no longer find the drug used with this treatment.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's going out of use.

The February 2010 issue of the JAAD, Alopecia areata update
Part II. Treatment : McElwee, Shapiro et al.

" Because of the high relapse rates, lack of randomized controlled trials, and the increased risk of skin malignancies with PUVA, this line of therapy has become a less favored treatment option"

Visit my blog at baldgirlsdolunch.org.....it's where I post this kind of update for the alopecia community as quickly as I find it. When it comes to med and research...we're not just for girls!

Thea
www.BaldGirlsDoLunch.org
@alopecia
Thanks for the info Thea! I will check out your blog.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service