For those of you with no eyebrows or eyelashes, do you ALWAYS have something in your eyes? I seem to. Little fuzzes and hairs and particles. Since nothing is there to catch it, it goes straight in. You don't even realize how much eyelashes and brows help until you lose them. But do you have any suggestions for keeping stuff out? I've even been thinking of getting some cheap fakie glasses, just for a little bit of a shield to hopefully keep stuff out. Anyone else have this problem?

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll try the drops first, and so some research on the ducts! Thanks!
YES!!!!! When I lost all my eyelashes I noticed I was constantly getting stuff in my eyes! Now I wear fake eyelashes most of the time, and it helps keep stuff out. I buy my eyelashes at http://www.blinkiesonline.com/
They last about a month (they are reuseable) and they are very comfortable. I actually get quite a few compliments from strangers on how much they love my eyelashes! haha!
Hi Natalie,

I wonder if you tried regular eyelashes you can get at the drugstore before trying those. I'm able to reuse them many times. The B ones are 8-10 times the price of what I pay online in bulk, when you factor in handling and shipping.

The same factories in China are making the same lashes for everyone. Each company just puts their own name on and prices as they wish. It bugs me when companies put the words alopecia or chemo patient on their product and try to sell it as something sooo different or so exceptional. That's taking advantage of people with a medical condition.

Unless of course there is something about the product that justifies the price and sometimes there is.

I asked the B company when they first came out with their product to send me one lash strip to see it up close. In writing via email they refused saying and I paraphrase " if it was good enough for a certain foundation to "endorse" it, then that should be good enough for me." I would call that their big fat marketing faux pas.

Thea
join our list at baldgirlsdolunch.org
website
Thea,

I agree with what you are saying, but I have tried the drugstore lashes and Blinkies (in my opinion) are far superior. They last quite a bit longer than the average drugstore lash and are more durable (I have them on most of the time when I run at the gym after work).
I wear falsies too, but it's sometimes a pain when I'm getting ready in the early mornings and I'm too sleepy and lazy to put them on, haha. What kind of glue do you use?
Take a look at these tips. It's the very first one # 1 which is the reason why gel liner which has thickness and density when put at the lid edge ( where lashes would grow from if we had them) is my favorite trick for alopecian eyes.

It's the illusion at the base that says " lashes" not the length of the lashes themselves.

Thea
join our list at the baldgirlsdolunch.org site
I have also lost eyebrows and lashes and I guess I do a combination of the suggestions. I always carry artificial tears 2-3 dollars a bottle in case I have the feeling something is in my eye. I also started using the gel liner it comes in a little pot and I have loreal brand. You have to apply with a liner brush and it takes a little practice. I am not sure why but it seems since I have been using that I do not have the sensation that something is in my eye. After I line my eyes I use a darkish eye shadow right above the liner and it seem to create an opitical illusion that I have lashes. By the time I do my brows I do not have any more time before work to mess with the false eyelashes, I do use false eyelashes occasionally.

Joanne
Oh that eyeshadow thing sounds like a good idea!
I love the MAC eyelashes! They work really well, I think. I recently ordered some eyelashes from the headcovers website, so hopefully those work well. Thanks!
My eyelashes have grown back quite a bit, but before that I used to get stuff in my eyes while sleeping, perhaps a dust particle or something like that. It hurt like **$$## when it happened!!! I didn't try eyedrops -- perhaps I should have -- it woke me up from my sleep as the pain was quite intense. The best solution I found was to squint my eye quite tightly to cause it to tear, and then keep it closed and try to go to back to sleep. Opening or blinking would cause it to hurt worse and prolong the pain.

This always happened at night though, seldom if ever during the day time. I do wear prescription glasses all the time (while awake), so this may well be a factor. I always thought it was the position of my eye relative to dust blowing around the room at night, perhaps when either hot or cold air was blowing from the ducts, but perhaps glasses is the more significant factor?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service