Heya peoples! It's nice to know that sites like this exists.

Anyways, I've been diagnosed with Alopecia areata since I was about 7ish? Usually it would go away, but ever since I've had my first girlfriend...it's been getting worse and worse(stress a factor here? heh.)

I'm 24 now and I now shave my head...and now I've noticed that my eyebrows are starting to go and my eyelashes are coming out.

I still don't have the courage to go out in public yet, but someday I hope I will.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some nice peoples here!

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's ok kids, I won't bite...you can say hi.
::::waving:::: Hiya Alex...nice to meet ya!
ppl in the citys are very nice about it. I have lived in burnsville and worked at the mall of america and ppl were very nice...well just some of the black girls would call me names but i have herd it all in my life.. so dont be scared to go out in public it is way easyer for men to get away with having alopecia then woman do..
Well I broke down and woke up some random Sunday and shaved my brows off...and oh man I totally should have waxed them! Now it looks like I have dirt on my left eyebrow, hah! No more eyelashes on my left eye, but my right has the top layer, so it looks somewhat cool!

Yeah it would be fine if I didn't have such a weird shaped skull lol...at least I can find it somewhat entertaining :)
ya well i only have hair in my armpits lol... and since i have gotten out of high school i dont care what ppl think of me these days i just go with a hat on cuz i get sick of wearing my wig... i have a big head and they say its perfect shap for the wigs but it looks wierd to me..lol...
armpit hair...gross! Meh, I usually just go out jogging without a hat on now...having a bald head really motivates you to run a lot faster when running through some bad neighborhoods ;)
I lost my hair around the same age, when i was 8. I don't really go out in public without my wig on, and I only tell a few select people that I have alopecia at all... All of my friends think its the shit, though!
Yeah, is it wrong to mess with people when they ask me how I lost my eyebrows...then I usually tell them the truth and they feel somewhat bad....ah good times.

I suppose my friends are the same way, I guess another quirky thing about me.
lol! half the time the way i tell people i don't have hair is I just take my wig off in the middle of the conversation with them... i always get a look of shock!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service