Please if you've tried DPCP please post your experience...I'm sure more than 5 haved used this.

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm using it now, and as awful as it is, i think it's working. i see new hairs coming in and i think i see more and mroe everyday. i'm very allergic to it, and it's sooo uncomfortable, but if it'll bring hair back, i'll do it
I had excellent regrowth from it back in 2008 and part of 2009, when my alopecia was confined to spots on the back of my head. When the hair loss became more aggressive in 2009 and went into the ophiasis pattern, my response my limited. I lost about 80% of my scalp hair last Fall over a very short period of time and have not had any treatment since. Right now, I have the downy white baby hair all over, plus the couple of patches of original hair that never fell out. i fully intend to go back for this treatment again, and I think if you are seeing results, go for it! Everyone's experience will be different. Yes, it itches and burns like mad within the first few hours of application (that's the whole point actually), but regrowth results are worth the few days of discomfort.
My 21 yr old has had AA-AT for 2 yrs. DPCP was our last chance. She used the chemical (which I applied) for almost one yr.; after 9 months she had 75% regrowth. But in back of ears along neck-nape area no regrowth but we were elated. The hair kept moving down back of head towards neck but then the first hair regrowth started to fall out again. The Derm. Doc. said that the hair will grow back and to continue. She had a finger-sized baldspot on top of head w/o hair. It got bigger and bigger. My daughter got tired and just stopped. The hair continued to fallout. She never got a severe reaction though, only a litle red splothes on her nape no itching. I supported her. I was worried that there would be some kind of secondary effects. DPCP is strong, had to be applied outside with gloves, holding cottonballs with tweezers and she would cover her nose. On the third day she would wash it off. So sad..... I guess the immune system won.

I've stopped using anything. What's the point? I go from AA to AT all year round. My hair was always thin, so not enough to cover anything if I would let some patches grow, since I go AT sometimes, doesn't make sense. I just shave my head where there's hair. My eyebrows are becoming thinner, one eyebrow is having it's own bald spot......I'm
22 & bald. Well the great news is that Alopecia wont kill me. :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service