I always say I don't like wearing wigs in the summer because they're so hot and itchy. It's the truth, wigs are really uncomfortable for the most part when you're trying to swim, lay out, play volleyball; I learned this all yesterday hardcore.

The real truth, though, is that I don't like wearing the wigs because it's a statement. I don't feel like I should have to just because my family doesn't like the little bit of extra attention we get, or because it makes other people feel uncomfortable. If I choose to not wear anything at all on my head, a hat, a bandanna, or a forsaken, hot and itchy wig, then why can't I. Sometimes, not all of the time, but sometimes I like to cause a scene and have people stare at me because I'm not wearing anything. I don't know if I'm the only one that ever feels like that, but sometimes I feel better and more 'myself' knowing that the people around me know and see the true me. It also shows people when I'm running around, wrestling, being thrown into the water, and stuff that I'm not sick.

I like to make myself look really beautiful and then not wear a wig because then people look at me kind of strangely. I like to show people that you can be bald and still beautiful. Do other people ever not wear wigs to make a statement too?

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderfully said!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service