Okay I felt that this discussion was much needed. I'm looking through various blogs and discussions to find wig info...thought it would be helpful to start a discussion that could help keep it all in one place.

I know NOTHING about wigs! And I think it's time to start looking. I hear things like...lace, vaccuum, monofilament...I don't know what these things mean! Can someone please help with sort of a Wigs 101 intro to different terminologies like these?

Also, let's all list good websites to go to, brand recommendations (with links), etc!

This will be sooo helpful to me, and I'm sure to many others. Thanks for helping!

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which of your wigs is this with these hairlines?
Full Lace wig
How fragile is a lace wig? Can you swim or do sports in it?
There are two types of lace wigs the most popular is French Lace it is more durable and can last for 1-2 years and Swiss Lace is thinner but more delicate. You can see my hairline up close. I normally add bleached knots for my customers at the hairline so you cannot see any of the knots.

You can swim in the wig but I would recommend a swim cap and you can most certainly do sports in it.
I just read this...I am so desparately looking for a lace wig . I live in san diego and would love to see your photos and know the place you bought them. do you get a natural hairline from temple to temple . That is what I am looking for .
hi one site which I found was headcovers.com there is a variety of wigs and some prices are not bad they sell wigs, bangs for hats, partial wigs etc and their customer service line is very helpful and the shipping is really fast too. I think the monofilament wig is one of the cooler to wear it is the style we have for our daughter and the top isnt totally enclosed with materiel. Not sure about the vaccum style but I believe it is made special for your head they do a mold so when you wear it, it suctions to you head so you can swim do flips in the air if you feel the need and it will stay put. Peggy knight solutions I think is one site, you can request info from but they have no prices so I would guess they are pricey but probaly really worth it! Good luck:)
Here is the web-site for the most amazing vacuum hair piece. www.freedomwigs.com
This will set you free!
Donna Schillaci
i went to Peggy Knight Solutions and I have had so much weight lifted off my shoulders. Peggy Knight has a great story and the products a top of the line. I suggest you check it out
http://www.peggyknight.com
I just wanted to add an update that now that I've purchased my first wig. I ended up going synthetic for my first wig because I didn't want to spend a lot of money until I was sure that was what I wanted. Anyway I got a Raquel Welch Sheer Indulgence wig. It has a monofilament top which means I can part it anyway I want. No one could tell it was a wig when I wore it to work. It looks so much like my natural hair that everyone just thought I had a "new do." :o) Anyway, if synthetic is the way you're thinking of going I would just like to say that I find mine to be just fabulous. It looks real and feels good and is pretty comfortable (for a wig). I highly recommend Raquel Welch (thanks to Orbit - who recommended her line to me in the first place).
I have purchased locally as well as online. The best ones ( I've found) that are in my price range are beautytrends.com( synthetic) and also PaulaYoung.com. ( Human and synthetic) Paula Young has more selections and colors too!
This will be the new me in about a week...

I narrowed it down and for @ $50.00 I could not pass this one up. ( I'll be sure to post pictures too)
It is Human Hair- I have better luck with the real deal.
If I can be of any help to anyone -- just let me know.
hello everyone,
I wanted to share this really great site I found for all those who need a wig, or want one. They have a variety of choices and are just like what the movie stars use: lace front wigs

Hope that helps to add to your list, they helped my brother in law.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service