Has anyone tried Targretin Gel? My doctor recently wrote me a prescription for this and was wondering what other people's experiences were. I was diagnosed with Alopecia in December of 2006. By January of 2008 I had lost all of my hair and am currently Alopecia Universalis. I have tried shots and Prednisone (which was horrible). I am a little reluctant to try anything again that has severe side effects. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sarah,
I haven't even heard of it before. Please keep updates of any progress, side effects etc. I just started Sulfasalazine tablets (systemic immunomodulator). I got my first AA patch in fall 05 and am now headed towards AT AU very slowly. My newest dermo talked me out of Prednisone , I guess I'm glad after what you said. I dont want severe side effects, so far this has stuff has none!!!! I will keep updating my sulfasalazine blog. Good luck wishing you well!
Hi Sarah,

I haven't tried this product but I wanted to say good luck if you decide to try it.

Carol B.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service